CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Floppy discs ?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Worth hanging on to your patches on floppy, Yamaha dx7s and the like shooting through the roof in value. A real healthy market. I have an old Elka E44 synth that takes them , software addons a rarity. I also have floppies I cant read with tasteful piccies of a native American lady i was friends with, In fact if things had panned out I would be living in Rudiso New Mexico now ! stunning wasnt the word. Jet black barnet , Almond eyes you get the gig let that one slip through the net
    Some pics of her modelling for some Russian fur traders organisation furs ermm strategically placed too much info a family site.Apache tribe origins apparently

Channa

PS I dont want you getting the wrong idea about me but we were all young cats once

Channa
    Likes oppy liked this post

winks is offline Full Member
    Name: Harold
    Spouse: Roseann

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hobby 750 (The Behemoth)
    Quote Originally Posted by channa View Post
    Worth hanging on to your patches on floppy, Yamaha dx7s and the like shooting through the roof in value. A real healthy market. I have an old Elka E44 synth that takes them , software addons a rarity. I also have floppies I cant read with tasteful piccies of a native American lady i was friends with, In fact if things had panned out I would be living in Rudiso New Mexico now ! stunning wasnt the word. Jet black barnet , Almond eyes you get the gig let that one slip through the net
    Some pics of her modelling for some Russian fur traders organisation furs ermm strategically placed too much info a family site.Apache tribe origins apparently

Channa

PS I dont want you getting the wrong idea about me but we were all young cats once

Channa
    Well those images sorted out my floppy disc.

Cheers

H
    Likes channa, Nabsim liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunegapyears View Post
    Such old technology. You’ll be talking about LPs next.
    LPs sound much better if played on a linn sondek table costing around £25.000,which i happen to have,no digital crap sounds any where as smooth or open and alive.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by trevskoda; 02-07-2019 at 08:05.
    Only dirty people wash

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Kontiki 640
    Quote Originally Posted by oppy View Post
    A mere youngster. I have a Teisco synth, a Yamaha PSR 640 plus a Akai S2000 midi sampler and a whole load of mixer junk, plus the Vox AD30 and severial guitary things, you may be a rock star, but I, my friend, am a rock god !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Seriously though, I seem to have acquired so much junk over the centuries of my existence, that a lot of it has to go. The market for my floppy backing tracks is, or rather, has died, so this poor old pensioner is desperately trying to offload a whole load of 60s,70s, and 80s junk. So any of you potential Karaoke stars wanting some backing trax, well try me, I've got some wonderful MoTown stuff too
    Thats quite a collection of kit. Did you ever record anything? Would love to hear it if you did.

The technology is fantastic now though. I paid twenty quid for my M Audio midi keyboard off Ebay and just hooked it up to a free copy of Pro Tools First DAW which comes with Xpand!2 with over 2000 Virtual instruments, its actually much more than that as you can combine them. It sounds absolutely awesome though. The main issue is just too much choice and you can spend more time finding the right sounds than actually playing or recording anything. Its like a whole new world to me. Sound engineering, mixing and recording is a real black art though Ive found. I reckon im 1% into a pretty long journey but its fascinating stuff.

Member Number
    There's a thriving community out there still using floppy discs, to maximise the amount given to charity why don't you sell them in batches of 10 on eBay for around £5 inc p&p.
    On eBay it's possible to donate direct sales straight to a charity to make things easier.
    Thanks oppy thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1997 Lunar Road Star 570 2001 BMW 1150RS
    Quote Originally Posted by QFour View Post
    Take it you are not using Windows 10 then ..

Yes I am (and win 95)
    When life gives you lemons, add them to your gin & tonic

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1997 Lunar Road Star 570 2001 BMW 1150RS
    Quote Originally Posted by barryd View Post
    Thats quite a collection of kit. Did you ever record anything? Would love to hear it if you did.

The technology is fantastic now though. I paid twenty quid for my M Audio midi keyboard off Ebay and just hooked it up to a free copy of Pro Tools First DAW which comes with Xpand!2 with over 2000 Virtual instruments, its actually much more than that as you can combine them. It sounds absolutely awesome though. The main issue is just too much choice and you can spend more time finding the right sounds than actually playing or recording anything. Its like a whole new world to me. Sound engineering, mixing and recording is a real black art though Ive found. I reckon im 1% into a pretty long journey but its fascinating stuff.
    I worked for many years as a dj and as my son was very much into what is now known as techno music we started exploring the sampling route and spent many hours plagiarizing just about anything. I installed Qbase and Band In A Box which has served me well and use a rather old Behringer MX1602 and an even older Phonic mixer, or rather did as they along with other stuff are busily gathering dust under my desk. I have a stand alone floppy drive running with my win 10 machine, so I'm still able to fiddle about, but as to claims to fame, sadly there's not a lot. In the 80s & 90s the Karaoke thing was all the rage and at almost every event some bright spark would want to do it, which is where the backing tracks came into creation courtesy of midi files, and for a small fee a cassette of their performance would be posted to them. So if you want some floppies full of samples or some synth toons, pm me and I'll see what I can do
    When life gives you lemons, add them to your gin & tonic

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Kontiki 640
    Quote Originally Posted by oppy View Post
    I worked for many years as a dj and as my son was very much into what is now known as techno music we started exploring the sampling route and spent many hours plagiarizing just about anything. I installed Qbase and Band In A Box which has served me well and use a rather old Behringer MX1602 and an even older Phonic mixer, or rather did as they along with other stuff are busily gathering dust under my desk. I have a stand alone floppy drive running with my win 10 machine, so I'm still able to fiddle about, but as to claims to fame, sadly there's not a lot. In the 80s & 90s the Karaoke thing was all the rage and at almost every event some bright spark would want to do it, which is where the backing tracks came into creation courtesy of midi files, and for a small fee a cassette of their performance would be posted to them. So if you want some floppies full of samples or some synth toons, pm me and I'll see what I can do
    Interesting stuff Oppy. I'm still getting used to Pro Tools but I dont think it has a sampler at least one where you can take a sampled sound and incorporate into an instrument playable on the keyboard. Im into Rock stuff mainly though and only bought a synth to add Organs, (Hammond etc) and strings but the more I have played with it the more Ive got into it. For a laugh on Fruitcakes it was suggested I had a go at a techno track (Whatever that is). I used some sampled words I found off the internet plus a bit of the Primal Screams sampled words from "Loaded" (I also did a cover of "Loaded" with guitars and Synth.

Dunno if Ive posted this but the video is quite funny.

I'd only been learning keyboards about four weeks so its a bit of a mash up. I have no idea what Im doing really.

And "Loaded". I did have a full video with clips from a Peter Fonda Biker video the sample came from but Youtube banned it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information