CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Floppy discs ?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1997 Lunar Road Star 570 2001 BMW 1150RS

Floppy discs ?

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Am I the only one in the world still using floppy discs? I use an ancient (in relative terms) Akai sampler for my music thievery and creation and work with an equally ancient Yamaha keyboard. These are terrific for a daft old soul to play with himself (and sell the odd bits too), but I still have several hundred blank 3.5 floppies in sealed boxes that I am never likely to use, Anybody want some? If so, pm me and although I do not pressure for reimbursement of mailing charges, I do ask that a small donation is made to the Help For Heroes charity
    When life gives you lemons, add them to your gin & tonic

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Carthago Chic C-Line 4.9
    I think the answer is yes your the only one left using a floppy disk.
    Likes jann, Alf liked this post
    Thanks oppy thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Kontiki 640
    I think its probably just you. I would be interested to hear more about your music gear and sampling though. I bought a synth recently (Well A midi keyboard). As you may or may not know im a Rock star you see . Im well into recording stuff and have got well into the synth having played guitar for 40 odd years, its a new toy. The only thing I dont have is a sampler.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika EcoVip 712
    Take it you are not using Windows 10 then ..

Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Adria Sonic Supreme
    Such old technology. You’ll be talking about LPs next.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Quote Originally Posted by barryd View Post
    I think its probably just you. I would be interested to hear more about your music gear and sampling though. I bought a synth recently (Well A midi keyboard). As you may or may not know im a Rock star you see . Im well into recording stuff and have got well into the synth having played guitar for 40 odd years, its a new toy. The only thing I dont have is a sampler.
    A mere youngster. I have a Teisco synth, a Yamaha PSR 640 plus a Akai S2000 midi sampler and a whole load of mixer junk, plus the Vox AD30 and severial guitary things, you may be a rock star, but I, my friend, am a rock god !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Seriously though, I seem to have acquired so much junk over the centuries of my existence, that a lot of it has to go. The market for my floppy backing tracks is, or rather, has died, so this poor old pensioner is desperately trying to offload a whole load of 60s,70s, and 80s junk. So any of you potential Karaoke stars wanting some backing trax, well try me, I've got some wonderful MoTown stuff too
    Likes barryd liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Globecar 636SB
    Last of my floppy discs went last year in our big clear out, last pute with a disc reader went several years ago.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW T4 Holdsworth
    Cleaning out an old store cupboard at work found some five and half inch floppies, serca 1976 ish They are still selling Three and half inch floppies on ebay and commanding a good price, Anyway LP's are now making a come back "what goes around comes around", bring back the cassette tape, boombox and two pencils to fix the cassette tape.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Quote Originally Posted by mjvw View Post
    Cleaning out an old store cupboard at work found some five and half inch floppies, serca 1976 ish They are still selling Three and half inch floppies on ebay and commanding a good price, Anyway LP's are now making a come back "what goes around comes around", bring back the cassette tape, boombox and two pencils to fix the cassette tape.
    I've got load of cassette tapes too

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Niessmann Bischcoff Arto 690E
    I thought your post was about a new bling word for male impotency!
    The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information