CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sodding potholes.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Avantgarde 140 💫

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Our county council has a pothole section on their website. If you report a pothole on the web page, they're obliged to fix it within a certain number of days. Mind you, nowhere does it say they'll do a proper job!

There are now quite a few companies using recycled plastic granules from bottles or bags to repair or resurface roads and several councils have adopted the practice as policy. This was the very first company I remember hearing about a while back but there are some big players now. This dates from 2017.

UK startup uses recycled plastic to build stronger roads - Curbed

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer Exsis I562 stolen replaced with a
    The Romans didn't have degrees in civil engineering,give road builder a degree and we are pestered by potholes!
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Iveco daily mwb high top panel van..
    most of the lanes round here were never "built" in the first place, we had centuries old stone tracks that were repaired by the locals chucking more stone in the holes. when tarmac was invented the local councils stuck a layer on top of the stone tracks. the lane we live on was resurfaced a couple of years ago ... the old surface was about 7 foot wide . the current crop of tractors and lorries are wider than the old lane so theyed worn the verges down flush wth the old tarmac the new coat is 8 foot wide... its just spread out over the pounded dirt verges..no foundation. then they wonder why the edges crumble.

plain fact is the old rural roads wernt built for the width and weight of current vehicles.

Beemer is offline Full Member
    Name: Dave
    Spouse: Christine

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Eura Mobil Practica 690
    We had some dubious tarmackers (is that a word?) but I had spent a day thoroughly wacking down a good base .
    A month later I ordered 6m of concrete for a base for a double garage at the bottom of the garden.
    The mixer truck arrived and said "sorry mate, but I will destroy your drive if I bring this truck onto it".
    We agreed that if it looked like hr was sinking into the tarmac then it would be plan B (whatever that was going to be).
    He drove all the way across my drive with no ill affect, and 20 years on it is still solid.
    The trick is to ensure a good base is laid (probably good advice with anything really)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information