CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jobsworth

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bailey Autograph 625

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooie1958 View Post
    Just had some contractors repairing the footpath opposite our house where some roots / weeds have broke through Attachment 72325

They just yanked out the old weed, dropped some cold tar on the hole and stamped it down with their foot, less than 30 seconds of a job.

I asked them why they haven`t repaired the other one as well ?

It isn`t marked pal and it`s more than my jobsworth to do it without permission ............................ was the answer.

This country is a fekking joke !!!!!!!!!!
    Get yourself a can of white spray paint.

Round here they only mark the potholes deep enough to get them in trouble for damages.
    =^..^=

Wooie1958 is offline Cupid Stunt
    Name: Hey You
    Spouse: Yes M`Lady

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Castaway 500 LL
    Result, my email to Lancashire County Council ( LCC ) worked

2 very nicely suited managers from LCC turned up, doned their high viz jackets and hard hats ( PPE ) and inspected it 20190731_090358.jpg

They agreed that the contractors should have removed the other weed as well and got straight on the phone.

1 hour later the contractors turned up and pulled out the weed 20190801_134119.jpgbut had no cold tar to fill the hole.

That job has been booked on the system and another crew will turn up and fill the hole .............................. allegedly.

For the time it took for the contractors to arrive ( a full 1 hour ) the 2 managers sat in their car with the orange beacons flashing on the roof at the side of the offending weed.
    Trust No One
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon the Cat View Post
    Round here they only mark the potholes deep enough to get them in trouble for damages.
    Regular checks means that if someone suffers personal injury the council are not liable as they have covered themselves, happened to me at work.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bessacar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooie1958 View Post
    Result, my email to Lancashire County Council ( LCC ) worked

2 very nicely suited managers from LCC turned up, doned their high viz jackets and hard hats ( PPE ) and inspected it 20190731_090358.jpg

They agreed that the contractors should have removed the other weed as well and got straight on the phone.

1 hour later the contractors turned up and pulled out the weed 20190801_134119.jpgbut had no cold tar to fill the hole.

That job has been booked on the system and another crew will turn up and fill the hole .............................. allegedly.

For the time it took for the contractors to arrive ( a full 1 hour ) the 2 managers sat in their car with the orange beacons flashing on the roof at the side of the offending weed.
    What a farce. I wonder how much each call out & repair has cost the local rate payers? You should send it to the press and local radio station Mr Woo.
    The best thing about motorhoming? It's harder for relatives to visit a moving target.
    Likes Sharon the Cat liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information