CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: paying forward

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Ford Transit Custom

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    never heard it called paying forward before, but I like that name.... I will use it.

also good to hear the stories of where its had a positive impact.... its just a shame there are now more and more people who take advantage ... its starting to be more common and the more sceptical it makes you the worse it makes you feel about todays society, so its good to find a community who still try and make it happen.

I am on another forum for a old (90s) Honda motorbike, and that place practices it well, but its like a kick in the teeth when somebody comes in and takes advantage .. but at least the community drives them out so they never get to do it twice.
    Likes izwozral liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bessacar
    Quote Originally Posted by AMcQ46 View Post
    never heard it called paying forward before, but I like that name.... I will use it.

also good to hear the stories of where its had a positive impact.... its just a shame there are now more and more people who take advantage ... its starting to be more common and the more sceptical it makes you the worse it makes you feel about todays society, so its good to find a community who still try and make it happen.

I am on another forum for a old (90s) Honda motorbike, and that place practices it well, but its like a kick in the teeth when somebody comes in and takes advantage .. but at least the community drives them out so they never get to do it twice.
    Have you been to the Bhurtpore Inn in Aston where they regularly have a Japanese vintage motorcycle rally? There was a rally a couple of weeks ago but there will be others. EVENTS | Bhurtpore Inn
    The best thing about motorhoming? It's harder for relatives to visit a moving target.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bessacar
    EDIT: by EEJIT.

I double posted!
    The best thing about motorhoming? It's harder for relatives to visit a moving target.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Ford Transit Custom
    not been to that one, but there are a few in the midlands, but they generally have more British iron than Japanese (but its getting much more common to see 70s, 80s, and 90's jap bikes now). I am too young for the nostalgia for British bikes

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bessacar
    Quote Originally Posted by AMcQ46 View Post
    not been to that one, but there are a few in the midlands, but they generally have more British iron than Japanese (but its getting much more common to see 70s, 80s, and 90's jap bikes now). I am too young for the nostalgia for British bikes
    I get dewy eyed if I see a Penny Farthing or a Bone Shaker!
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Dethleffs globetrotter lxi
    Think Iíve been paying it forward for years every week I pay my squad itís like a donation to the local pubs and breweries.
    OOR WUSSY
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Every year I pay forward, and I'm almost sure the money goes to good causes, pensioners, the unemployed,
    the sick and needy. And I know the name of the requester, HMRC. What's more, I feel really good about myself
    doing this. Especially when I think of the 6 years in pokey if I didn't !

Member Number
    Motorhome
    N+B Arto 69GL(2003)
    I 'Pay forward' every month -

usually '000s of Zl

to the same person every month.

I know some of it goes elsewhere - no, not the pub, but the family.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by izwozral View Post
    I get dewy eyed if I see a Penny Farthing or a Bone Shaker!
    Thought this would be more you thing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes izwozral liked this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information