CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: electric bikes

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Police would have a full time job here if they stopped all the kids on lecy and petrol scooters,some of the housing estates sound like a nest of wasps after school.
    Only dirty people wash

Member Number

Member Number
    Motorhome
    ace napoli
    I use the GTECH sport and GF has the GTECH city (step through, sit up dutch bike style).
    very uncluttered, just two brake levers on handlebars.
    GF is waiting for knee op, to give example of how useful Ebikes are.
    We did 20 miles from Barmouth to Dolgellau on the Mawddch trail, didn't use the battery for more than ten minuets on inclines.
    We also rode 20 miles from Weymouth to Dorchester, I had 25% battery left GF had flashing red (less than 6 miles).
    First ride We would have had to get off and walk inclines, second ride would be a non starter.
    As said before the GTECH's have no gears, so steeper hills can be a problem. I have put the Swytch system on the GF's bike to 1) increase range 2) more assist on steeper hills.
    If you have a bike at the moment the swytch system mighty be for you.

Swytch eBike Conversion Kits - ANY bike Electric

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Globecar 636SB
    It's advisable to buy a pedalec from a reputable dealer such as Evans, Rutland Cycles, or even our local one Transitions, they will sell you a road legal pedal assist bike, all those in the news are electric scooters which aren't road legal and probably nothing like the OP is looking for.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Globecar 636SB
    Quote Originally Posted by argoose View Post
    I use the GTECH sport and GF has the GTECH city (step through, sit up dutch bike style).
    We did 20 miles from Barmouth to Dolgellau on the Mawddch trail, didn't use the battery for more than ten minuets on inclines.
    We also rode 20 miles from Weymouth to Dorchester, I had 25% battery left GF had flashing red (less than 6 miles).
    First ride We would have had to get off and walk inclines, second ride would be a non starter.
    As said before the GTECH's have no gears, so steeper hills can be a problem. I have put the Swytch system on the GF's bike to 1) increase range 2) more assist on steeper hills.

Are you saying you added an extra motor to the GTECH?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    ace napoli
    Quote Originally Posted by colinmd View Post
    Are you saying you added an extra motor to the GTECH?
    I plead the fifth

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Nope
    Ignore all the posts about electric scooters.
    Iíve had an ebike for a year - Cube Cross Hybrid One 500, (which has now been updated for 2019). I donít ride every day but itís just clocked up 1,000K without missing a beat. I bought it from an independent bike shop and did a fair bit of research before buying. Iím not sure what your budget is and there are certainly some second hand bargains to be had but Iíd recommend calling in to a reputable independent bike shop and having a chat with them even if you donít buy a bike from them. Let them know what you want the bike for and have a list of questions to ask. There are so many options. Bit like buying a motorhome eh?
    Since Iíve had mine Iíve cycled further and laughed at steep hills.

Pat

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Globecar 636SB
    I plead the fifth

Won't do you much good if (in the unlikely chance) the bike comes to the attention of the police, driving a untaxed, uninsured, vehicle with no type approval, MOT or helmet, could well lose you your licence.
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Halfrods were selling them her last year until they found out they were not legal in N Ireland,they had to take them back and refund folk,then the law got changed to same as mainland,they have a few in stock but folk bitten once twice shy.
    Only dirty people wash

Robina is offline Full Member
    Name: Robina
    Spouse: Neil

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bailey Approach 620

The problem I had started with the flashing red after no real distance and developed to flashing red almost immediately. I would take it back to be repaired if you can.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information