Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gatwick 2 hour parking ?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    none

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezi View Post
    Hi,

We are collecting my Americanbrotherinlaw and his son who are flying into Gatwick in September.

We are using the Murvi, 2.5 metres height, and will be using the south side parking.

Any particular problems I should be aware of apart from the eye watering parking charges ?

I have been told that its cheaper for 2 hours in the long stay than 2 hours in the short stay ?

Any helpful information from a local yokel would be welcome.

Dezi
    Hi Dezi
    we picked up my old m.d. in June at 11.30 pm we went to Mc donalds bought a big mac and got a token for an hours free parking they have toilets there to. There are pop barriers but no hight barriers perhaps
    you could look into it. As I said this was in June might have changed now
    Bye for now Freddie
    Likes maingate liked this post
    Thanks maingate thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Murvi Morello
    Quote Originally Posted by watchthis View Post
    Hi Dezi
    we picked up my old m.d. in June at 11.30 pm we went to Mc donalds bought a big mac and got a token for an hours free parking they have toilets there to. There are pop barriers but no hight barriers perhaps
    you could look into it. As I said this was in June might have changed now
    Bye for now Freddie
    Smart thinking Batman.

Dezi

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Iveco daily mwb high top panel van..
    our youngest flew from gatwick back in early july.
    we stayed in the airport inn the night before with free parking and a shuttle bus to airport, think the bus was 3 quid.
    coming back we used the gatwick long stay parking with shuttle bus to terminal , 2 hours free if i havnt gone senile. mid week late afternoon plenty of space and frequent buses.
    Thanks Dezi thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    N+B Arto 69GL(2003)
    For some time now we have used the following method for either of us or being picked up by taxi.

For drop-off with either a car or the MH there is no problem, even with height because coaches have to have access for drop-off.

For collecting either of us, or being collected by a taxi, the person collecting parks somewhere about 5 mins. from the airport and the arriving passenger uses a mobile phone to call the other into the terminal when they have cleared passport control (we travel only with hand baggage). It is best for the arriving passenger to stand at the start of the pick-up area and to follow the car to its first available parking spot.

This method is particularly suited to using the 3m high MH because one does not have to research which CPs(if any) do not have height barriers.

We have used this method at Gatwick, Manchester, Beauvais, Katowice, Krakow, Rouen. and maybe some others.

The one place where it is difficult to avoid paying for parking is Luton, but one can use the shuttle to the station and do the same from outside the station.

Last time I was dropping off Basia at Gatwick in the MH the traffic warden swiftly arrived, probably thinking I was using the drop-off to illegally collect arriving passenger(s). He was most disappointed to find Basia coming down the steps with her suitcase to go to departures and had to turn heal.

Geoff

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Fiat Scudo WAV/ Iveco 50c14 self build
    Try the Gatwick Europa hotel. They had a 24hr shuttle bus on turn round last time I was down & I just parked in the hotel carpal & jumped on the bus to go meet my pickup. Can't recall any height restrictions etc but check first.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information