CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pensions

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Globecar 636SB

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by trevskoda View Post
    So can folk run a car buy food pay lecy rates oil or gas bills on 200 a week,some folk smoke/drink more than that.

It's about what I'm living off right now, if I was young and had rent/mortgage and kids I would be hard up, but these are all now sorted. I don't feel hard up, although just having paid 200 to take the youngsters away for 5 days next week brought a tear to my eye, wonder if their parents will chip in?
    Likes trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Who did win ww2I will bet Monty and Churchill came away ok ,how can folks live on such a small amount,the German is tops,i surrender.
    Trev, you would only get to spend it on food and drink and bits of motorbikes !

Cut back now so it won't be so tough when it happens.

Victor Meldrew my hero is very misunderstood.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Quote Originally Posted by harrow View Post
    Trev, you would only get to spend it on food and drink and bits of motorbikes !

Cut back now so it won't be so tough when it happens.

Victor Meldrew my hero is very misunderstood.
    My problem is i have a 10 year and 8 year old eating me out of house and home.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes daygoboy liked this post

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by colinmd View Post
    It's about what I'm living off right now, if I was young and had rent/mortgage and kids I would be hard up, but these are all now sorted. I don't feel hard up, although just having paid 200 to take the youngsters away for 5 days next week brought a tear to my eye, wonder if their parents will chip in?
    Good points, worst case scenario is ending up with just the State Pension and
    having to pay rent for your accommodation. With a housing market
    in such a state that the average weekly rental for say a modest flat, is perhaps
    half the average persons take home pay. Just wouldn't be viable on the State Pension
    but that's what you'd be up against.

In my neck of the woods 500,000 buys you not a lot, any oldie hereabouts living on
    just the State Pension has to downsize, (no bad thing) and live directly off
    the capital gain and/or the extremely high (not!) interest rates on offer, and hope it's
    enough until the grim reaper turns up. Glad to have paid off the mortgage rather than
    paid into a pension.... probably. Just luck really.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Murvi Morello
    Quote Originally Posted by maingate View Post
    Dezi has Staff to pay on top of that ... poor sods ...

... the Staff I mean. It must be like working for Victor Meldrew.

Since my begging letter franchise really took off I have put the workers, grand children, on a zero hours, no pay, but a 0.1 share of the profits

scam, sorry scheme. No actual pay is involved.

Its going very well.

Victor Meldrew is a cheerful, happy go lucky philanthropist compared to some from oop norf I could mention

Dezi
    Likes trevskoda, maingate liked this post

Member Number
    My problem is i have a 10 year and 8 year old eating me out of house and home.
    I know what you mean some items in the supermarket go up by 30% or 40%

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1997 Lunar Road Star 570 but no bike now
    Well I get 166 plus a few bits from the state as a pension which is enough and it allows me to save a bit too. I'm not being holier than though. In our 50 odd years of married life we have always been frugal (ish)but we also had good jobs too and managed to clear our mortgage along the way. Then family started dying and leaving lumps of dosh which allowed us to buy our caravan and ultimately end up with this old 'van and support our son through uni (maybe the odd motorbike too) Sue, for some reason or other, gets a pound a week more than me, ah well.
    I'm going off on one again, sorry, I'll shut up now
    Wine is the proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy
    Likes trevskoda, harrow liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Adria Matrix 590SG
    The answer is relatively simple I guess.Its what sort of society you want and what youre prepared to pay for. I like scandanavia. They pay a lot more tax e.g %50 as do their companies and corporations. They invest in their infrastructure so have excellent trains, planes, roads and connectivity. Their pension is also good as is their minimum wage and wage for the masses. Their health care system is gold standard as is social care. They decided long ago that a happy society is a well funded public service, help for all and not such a big gap between rich and poor. Pensions as an example are pretty good as are wages. They are a happy harmonious lot! Care for their population old to young.

Our society has developed along different lines developed by the establishment for the establishment. Although from the state/rich controlled media, you'd think theres no alternative. See scandanavia for the alternative.
    mickwatsonphotography.com

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    One thing for sure we were all lied to by or gov,do take a priv/pension to top up,well i did and found out now that i will have to live to 144 to get back what i put in,would have been better spent buying and selling old cars etc,then now they moved the goal posts for us esp the girls,thing is the rich who run our country hold all the balls found out they will lose if they pay early so upped the age until they get to hold onto some of the wealth,then soon they will sell our NHS of and all our pensions will be sold to priv co to do as they wish,time to grab the bull by the horns and shake the sh-t out of it before our sons and daughters are put back to the work houses.
    Last edited by trevskoda; 13-08-2019 at 21:46.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes time4t, mariesnowgoose liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Murvi Morello
    Like many others on this forum who were born during or shortly after WW2 I was raised in very straitened circumstances.

In my case it was with my grandparents.

I learned very early in life the value of money and that if you wanted something, you worked for it.

Because of this I have never relied on the state to support me in my old age but viewed the state pension as a reliable backup, but no more.

But we live in different times now and attitudes and ambitions change.

c'est la vie

Dezi
    Likes trevskoda, colinmd liked this post

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information