Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: full waterproofs for springer spaniel

Member Number
    Motorhome
    bessacar 450

full waterproofs for springer spaniel

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Dear all
    I do not want to clip my springer spaniel but he is high maintainance to dry off after walks and going back in the camper.
    I just wondered if anyone can recommend a coat that covers the belly and legs that is a good fit for a springer? I have tried a couple but been unable to get one in the right proportions.

He doesnt need the coat to keep warm or dry, being double coated, it is really more to minimise the wet and mud !! Its hard to keep up with towels and drying the towels never mind the dog.
    We dont have a garage in our van to put him while he dries so Im trying to minimise the mess where I can.

Mind you... Im not sure if any coat could deal with a spaniel who is heads for any body of mud or water!!!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    B544
    at wootton katherine used one of those zip up body bags to allow the body heat to dry of her spaniel size dog
    Likes Tezza33, Clunegapyears liked this post
    Thanks BusyLizzy thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer 694 - Renault master pvc
    Yes I've heard of these bags but can't remember what they are called, a bit like a great big towel that folds into a bag to keep the dog dry
    When you don't care what anyone thinks of you, you have reached an awesome level of freedom

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by Makzine View Post
    Yes I've heard of these bags but can't remember what they are called, a bit like a great big towel that folds into a bag to keep the dog dry
    Weatherbeeta Dry-Dog Bag towel fleece dog bag with zip DRY DOG WALKING BATH | eBay
    Thanks Makzine, BusyLizzy thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner
    Doggy Bag is a good quality microfibre product for drying dogs.

We have had the waterproof suits in the past. The problem with active dogs is that they can tear easily in the undergrowth although that type of coat seems to have disappeared now.

This is a good site for all kinds of dog apparel. There are 16 pages of coats etc, what you are looking for is from about page 10 onwards and they look stronger.

Canine Chemists Direct for Dog Supplies, Wormers, Flea Treatments & Veterinary Diets | Hyperdrug

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Opps sorry wrong kind of springer,coat looks ok though.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes BusyLizzy, Clunegapyears liked this post

Member Number
    Springer Spaniels are mad dogs, to much energy and not enough brains
    Likes BusyLizzy, trevskoda liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    bessacar 450
    I hadnt thought about a coat snagging in undergrowth and he does go everywhere looking to flush out anything in undergrowth. Yes, yes very mad dogs!!

Very hard at moment keeping him amused following TPLO operation on cruciate ligament. Strict on lead five minute slow walking only, 3 times a day for another two weeks, then increase to ten mins.
    Hard on poor 18 month old dog who is used to two hours off lead on beach or fells but absolutely essential for the bone to heal. No interaction allowed with our other dogs as they would just rough play constantly.

We took Archie the springer with us last weekend in his large cage in the van and it was actually quite good as even when cage open, he was still in small space in van so no stressing his leg. Just had to put stuff on bed and chairs to prevent him jumping up.

I think the idea of just letting him do his mad thing and get wet etc whilst out then putting in the doggy bag to dry off is going to be easier than trying to prevent him getting wet in first place.
    I might have to relent and trim his feathers without getting him actually clipped.

Member Number
    Here is a question ?

You dry dogs with a large bath towel, but

they wait to get indoors before they shake themselves ?
    Likes BusyLizzy, izwozral liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bessacar
    Quote Originally Posted by harrow View Post
    Here is a question ?

You dry dogs with a large bath towel, but

they wait to get indoors before they shake themselves ?
    So true.
    The best thing about motorhoming? It's harder for relatives to visit a moving target.
    Likes harrow liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information