Nabsim is offline Full Member
    Name: Nabs (Neil)
    Spouse: Caz

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Geist Phantom

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by dawolf View Post
    I would like to say,that to become a full member,and get any Benifit,on this site.is to understand.all the jargon to be able to put the stopovers. onto sat nav and pc,now for the average,person i do not think it an easy task,so my question to you is this,would it not be possible,to have a map with all locations on it,with names of places to stop.making it easier for none tec people.
    The app is very easy to use, the instructions for it on here are clear when you can look at app at the same time, you donít need any techy skills for that.

A bit harder putting poiís on your sat-nav if you have never done it and are a technophobe but there are dedicated threads for different devices so thatís fairly easy if you follow instructions I expect. I say expect as I have not bothered adding them on mine yet, I find what I want with the app or if offline maps.me the put nearest place into sat-nav or navigate with app.

Loads of ways to do it but app is real easy
    Don't Worry, Be Happy
    Likes jacquigem liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    citroen relay

POI downloader

I used to have a program on my PC that linked to the database and told me if there were any updates to download and then would do it. It was a very helpful little thing. It seems to have disappeared and I cant see reference to it on the site. Is it now defunct? If still available can someone direct me to a download?

Cheers, Jon

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Dakota 2007
    This function was removed a long time ago.

Downloading the POIs is now a manual process. Please follow the link under Site Navigation.

New releases of the POI files are notified in the Community News forum.
    Remember - POI additions and updates can be sent by email to POI@wildcamping.co.uk
    Likes Polar Bear liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CAMPERVAN

Wildcamping POI downloads but won't unzip

Hi

I am trying to update the wildcamping sites on my Garmin satnav. The POI file downloads but when unzipped it comes up with
    Cannot open file
    ladyhamilton-213-205-198-137-POI-3zip it does not appear to be a valid archive.

I have tried downloading it again but to no avail. The toilet file worked perfectly so the theory works.

Hope you can help because it's a brilliant service which I use all the time.

Thanks

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Dakota 2007
    If the problem persists please open a Support Ticket by clicking on Contact Us ...
    Remember - POI additions and updates can be sent by email to POI@wildcamping.co.uk

Member Number
    Motorhome
    RV

POI Map data for full members

Hi

I am looking at becoming a full member so I can have access to the POI Data in the POI Map.

Can anyone tell, or better show, what data is displayed for the POIs please.

TIA

Gary

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Rapido Le Randonneur 763F
    I thought there was a sample that you can look at as a free member in the pois before deciding to be a full member.
    Rock bottom is the firm foundation i rebuilt my life on. J k Rowling

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B598
    Quote Originally Posted by Phodetheus View Post
    Hi

I am looking at becoming a full member so I can have access to the POI Data in the POI Map.

Can anyone tell, or better show, what data is displayed for the POIs please.

TIA

Gary
    Here you go:

data.png
    Likes POI Admin liked this post

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread Information