CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Wild Camping Map & POI support

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Knaus Boxstar Freeway 630

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by POI Admin View Post
    Autogas locations used to be provided but were found to be inaccurate so they were removed.

In the UK I have found FillLPG to be the most reliable source either via their website or their app (Android only I believe).

Black waste disposal has never been listed. The Toilet POIs may prove useful ...
    I'm a relative newb but: wouldn't a list of dedicated black waste sites be valuable?

I went to a bus station toilet in Canterbury where a man told me it I couldn't dispose of my tank there but luckily he was a MHer himself and directed me to a Park & Ride which has full on MH parking and waste disposal + hose..., he explained that you could enter for half an hour and do what you need to do free of charge. Isn't that the kind of thing you want to share on this site?

I'm going to be staying in a town in Somerset next week for a couple of days, there are public bogs in the car park - I don't know if it is acceptable to empty waste into them or not - bit hard to be furtive with a two cubic feet of sh*te in a plastic box!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Dakota 2007
    Use of public toilets should not be a problem provided that you use them discretely. If you suspect that the toilets are not connected to mains drainage do not use.

In addition, of course, leave no traces. If you currently use 'blue' products in your loo I would recommend you stop. In preference use nothing if you have a SOG system, or bio washing tablets or liquid.

Given the above, and the scarcity in the UK of public authority provided disposal facilities, including these in the POIs seems somewhat pointless ...
    Remember - POI additions and updates can be sent by email to POI@wildcamping.co.uk

Member Number
    Motorhome
    motorhome

cannot reach server

Hi when using the POI app and want to view the camping spot on street view I constantly get "cannot reach server" Anyone else get this? Any advice please?

Regards

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Dakota 2007
    What type of device? Android or Apple?

Please ensure that Google Maps is up-to-date ...
    Remember - POI additions and updates can be sent by email to POI@wildcamping.co.uk

Member Number

Cheap Basic Camp Sites

Hi Everyone, thanks for all the welcome messages. I have looked at the Points of Interest Map and found this very helpful but I really don't mind paying for a campsite as long as it is cheap. All we would require is a pitch and WC (not really necessary as we have a WC on board) but how do you go about finding these places as most of the campsites on the Web are very expensive and the basic ones tend to not advertise. Surely there is a farmer out there somewhere with a field who would let you camp overnight for a small charge.

If anyone knows of such sites I would love to know, especially the South and South West of England.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bentley Ochre
    Quote Originally Posted by watholmes View Post
    Hi when using the POI app and want to view the camping spot on street view I constantly get "cannot reach server" Anyone else get this? Any advice please?

Regards
    This does happen, seems to go away after some google updates and come back after others. The soon to come app will mean this problem no longer arises.
    2CV

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bessacarr E410

CR Tanybwlch (Ceredigion)

Car park Rural

CR Tanybwlch (Ceredigion)

Latitude = 52.405938
    Longitude = -4.088811

This CR now has a 2.1m height barrier.
    www.littlebrassbox.com
    Thanks POI Admin thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Dakota 2007
    Thanks for the update. I'll remove it from the POIs ...

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread Information