CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS


Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 199

Thread: Wild Camping Map & POI support

  1. #21
    Mikepratt Guest

    iPad user



    CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Hi
    New to this site and also new to iPad. Have downloaded the file but cannot seem to open or run from either winzip or QuickTime. Any ideas?

  2. #22

    Member Number
    9279
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,163
    Motorhome
    Elddis Autostratus
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikepratt View Post
    Hi
    New to this site and also new to iPad. Have downloaded the file but cannot seem to open or run from either winzip or QuickTime. Any ideas?
    Hi Mike

    Please take a look through these two threads:

    http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/...hone-ipad.html

    http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/...-ipad-2-a.html

    Hopefully this will make things clearer ...

    Phil (site admininstrator) is our resident expert in all things Mac - so if you're still stuck, I suggest you open a support ticket by clicking on the 'Contact Us' link that appears at the bottom of every page.

    Regards

    Chris

  3. #23
    tommy Guest

    help.

    HI,
    Hi,Re POI downloads seem to have got it right for Garmin nuvi ,but what Program do I use to open in
    Photo gallery using vista..
    Thanks Bye..Tommy..

  4. #24

    Member Number
    9279
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,163
    Motorhome
    Elddis Autostratus
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    HI,
    Hi,Re POI downloads seem to have got it right for Garmin nuvi ,but what Program do I use to open in
    Photo gallery using vista..
    Thanks Bye..Tommy..
    The POIs are only for use with satnavs, Autoroute and Google Earth ...

  5. #25
    curley Guest
    please can someone help ,when i try to download poi onto my samsung tablet it just keeps saying download failed,i have google earth installed already the tablet is a samsung galaxy tab 10.1 3g iv,e only just got it so is it me being thick,downloaded it on to my laptop no problem.

  6. #26
    caspar Guest
    Strange problem for me. Have downloaded every month till now. This month, the download automatically goes into Explorer (which I never use) and just flashes, but won't open. The only way to stop it is to restart my computer.

    It isn't a virus as I've tried it on about six different computers now, all with the same result.

    Any ideas?

  7. #27
    Flamenca Guest

    POIs for Autoroute 2011

    My first niggle is that the POI's are for an earlier edition of Autoroute and consequently Autoroute 2011 takes a lot of time to convert the data.

    My main difficulty is information related to the locations. I did not realise it had to be downloaded from a web site (not a lot of good when wild camping) and even when I am connected to the internet at home my pc crashes EVERY TIME I attempt to obtain the information. This only happens with this set of POI's for Autoroute.

    In summary I am not able to use the POI's as I can not retrieve information related to the locations.

    Why not supply the information which can be retained on hard drive or memory stick?

    I hope these problems can be ironed out.

  8. #28
    tommy Guest

    help.

    HI,
    Thanks for 2 replies,at this moment the various folders are in my PC,I would like them in my Garmin Nuvi,
    I've installed POI Loader,can I use small memory card in satnav Help what next ..
    tHANKS,Bye,Tommy..

  9. #29
    brian the man Guest

    poi??

    Quote Originally Posted by Canalsman View Post
    This is the place to post any questions about the Wild Camping Map & POI database.

    Over the next day or so I will post extracts from existing threads to help point people in the right direction
    please help tried to download poi but when downloaded it says its free for 14 days then you have to buy it???is this correct??

  10. #30

    Member Number
    9279
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,163
    Motorhome
    Elddis Autostratus
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamenca View Post
    My first niggle is that the POI's are for an earlier edition of Autoroute and consequently Autoroute 2011 takes a lot of time to convert the data.

    My main difficulty is information related to the locations. I did not realise it had to be downloaded from a web site (not a lot of good when wild camping) and even when I am connected to the internet at home my pc crashes EVERY TIME I attempt to obtain the information. This only happens with this set of POI's for Autoroute.

    In summary I am not able to use the POI's as I can not retrieve information related to the locations.

    Why not supply the information which can be retained on hard drive or memory stick?

    I hope these problems can be ironed out.
    The data suppled for Autoroute is for the 2010 version because that's what I have on my computer. Unfortunately Microsoft like to change formats from version to version, and I don't wish to acquire multiple versions of the software to get round this.

    Detailed instructions are provided to use the data with other Autoroute versions, and it takes around 10 minutes to import the data. This I regard as acceptable.

    The internet links provided are for Streetview and can be accessed when on the road by using a laptop with wifi or dongle internet access, iPhone, iPad or Android phone/tablet. Instructions for using the phones and tablets in this way can be found in the POI support forum.

    I hope this helps.

    Regards

    Chris

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •