CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iGo POI installation

Member Number:

iGo POI installation

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    The instructions and software that you need are attached
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Canalsman; 10-03-2011 at 00:42.

Member Number:

Update?

Hi

Is there are update to this thread as it is getting a bit old now and Active Sync does not appear to be active on latest iso system

I have a generic iGo sat nav but cannot see the file iGo.db having lots of problems trying to load on to sat nav.

Any help would be welcome

Mike

Member Number:
    Bump

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    All I can suggest is to try using Google to find a solution.

The iGo device is not a mainstream sat nav device, and clones of the device are likely to have little in the way of support offered.

Sorry ...

Member Number:

Wink Noza Tec "Lorry" 7" SatNav running Igo Primo software

Hi, i've been a free member for some time, finally bitten the bullet and subscribed, and thought my experience with this SatNav which is currently available on ebay might help. It is quite a good satnav with free map updates available if you follow the instructions you get with it. It runs Igo Primo, not mainstream software, but if you:

1) download/unzip your Poi files to Pc.

2) connect the NozaTec to the pc and open its H drive ( i.e. the satnav drive, not the sd card) you go to primo\content and then create new folder called userdata with a subfolder called POI.

3) copy the Google Earth set of files that you want ( France, Wild, Pubstop, Tap etc) to this subfolder.

4) disconnect satnav from usb to pc, restart satnav independent of pc.

5) select find / find places / custom search in satnav, choose, town or around position etc and then in list of all places you will find in alpha order your pub stop, tap, or wild camping choices. Choosing list will give you all around your choice location, nearest first. Works for me and hopefully for others who have been brave enough to buy these NozaTec and other similar Chinese produced satnavs which run Igo Primo. Happy Hunting!

For the avoidance of confusion (surely not?!) I was PioneerAdvantur but admin kindly changed my username as I sold the van represented in the original username, now Mick Jordan.
    Last edited by Mick Jordan; 14-01-2016 at 11:09. Reason: Letting everyone know my username has changed..
    Likes - Admin, yeoblade liked this post

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    Thank you - that's very helpful

A number of members have bought this device, so this will be of great potential value for them.

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    [QUOTE=PioneerAdvantur;465387]Hi, i've been a free member for some time, finally bitten the bullet and subscribed, and thought my experience with this SatNav which is currently available on ebay might help. It is quite a good satnav with free map updates available if you follow the instructions you get with it. It runs Igo Primo, not mainstream software, but if you:

2) connect the NozaTec to the pc and open its H drive ( i.e. the satnav drive, not the sd card) you go to primo\content and then create new folder called userdata with a subfolder called POI.

3) copy the Google Earth set of files that you want ( France, Wild, Pubstop, Tap etc) to this subfolder.
    Hello,
    This is a wonderfull piece of helpfull instruction, and easy to follow.
    I can get to the point in the quote above..........but then I get told my disk......presumably the sat nav, is write protected....remove write protection. It just won't let me copy thoe poi's.
    Can you help........I just can't find a way to do this.
    Many Thanks.
    P.

Member Number:

Write protected ?

[QUOTE=ChevyVanMan;563815]
    Quote Originally Posted by PioneerAdvantur View Post
    Hi, i've been a free member for some time, finally bitten the bullet and subscribed, and thought my experience with this SatNav which is currently available on ebay might help. It is quite a good satnav with free map updates available if you follow the instructions you get with it. It runs Igo Primo, not mainstream software, but if you:

Hello,
    This is a wonderfull piece of helpfull instruction, and easy to follow.
    I can get to the point in the quote above..........but then I get told my disk......presumably the sat nav, is write protected....remove write protection. It just won't let me copy thoe poi's.
    Can you help........I just can't find a way to do this.
    Many Thanks.
    P.
    Hi,
    i am not aware of any write protection on the sat nav drive; I would hazard a guess that you may have asked the pc to copy the files to the sd card, which could have been write protected by snicking the little lever on the side of it to the protect position. Protected or not, the sd card is not where you want to be copying to, its the actual sat nav drive known by whatever drive letter your computer has allocated it. If I am wrong, let me know and I will try to scratch my head a bit more to see what colour sawdust falls out !

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    Hello, thanks for replying so quickly.
    I appreciate your help; this is driving me rather crazy.
    So, where am I at.......I have downloaded the required files to my computer; I have got my device plugged in to the computer, and its hard drive is opened, I have added the User Data folder, and a sub folder..POI. Seems good to this point. The files in my computer download are not being allowed to be moved to any other location; if I drag and drop, they pick up, but as soon as they are about to exit that particular window, I get that little black circle...they just won't go. If I try to 'send to', I get the message that the disc is write protected. I have looked at sharing options in the folder properties, and this is telling me these files can not be shared! Today, I shall see if I can download direct to the new folder created in the sat nav.
    If you can think of anything I might do, I would be very greatfull; I have limited sanity left at this point, and wouldn't like to spoil my week end with a nervous breakdown .
    Regards,
    P.

Member Number:
    Prize Draw Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PioneerAdvantur View Post

4) disconnect satnav from usb to pc, restart satnav independent of pc.

5) select find / find places / custom search in satnav, choose, town or around position etc and then in list of all places you will find in alpha order your pub stop, tap, or wild camping choices. Choosing list will give you all around your choice location, nearest first. Works for me and hopefully for others who have been brave enough to buy these NozaTec and other similar Chinese produced satnavs which run Igo Primo. Happy Hunting!
    All the above is still good info, got my POI's up and running very quickly with this helpful post, anyone managed the map updates?, not sure if my maps are current, or how to check they are.
    AutoCruise StarBlazer XL
    in the boot
    Likes - POI Admin liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information