CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CoPilot 8 POI installation

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Elddis Autostratus

CoPilot 8 POI installation

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    CoPilot 8 satnav software is available for iPhone, Android phones and Windows Mobile phones.

The software uses the TomTom OV2 format file to load POIs.

daved2424 Guest
    Unless the OP or someone else has had success with this and are able to explain how they did it, this technique is not possible on the iPhone or iPad.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Elddis Autostratus
    Quote Originally Posted by daved2424 View Post
    Unless the OP or someone else has had success with this and are able to explain how they did it, this technique is not possible on the iPhone or iPad.
    I stand corrected - another Apple restrictive practice I would suggest

daved2424 Guest
    Usually I would say yes, but I think in this case it is a developer issue...

Member Number
    Motorhome
    covert camper smily transit ,Bedford Coach Motor home,Land Rover 110 Defender,MAN Truck

from copilot support team

Thank you for contacting CoPilot Technical Support.

Unfortunately there is no way to import POI's into the application. Hope you have a good trip and break away at the festivals/wild camping.

If you have any further questions, or feel that this incident has not been resolved to your satisfaction, please do not hesitate to bring this to our attention.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Solano
    Has anyone managed to integrate the poi's into copilt 8 and if yes how did they do it?

Ive looked a some posts that mentioned copilot uses TomTom ov2 format files.

I've downloaded DiskAid and had a look at the copilot files on my iphone but cant find any ov2 files so would appreciate some help.

I don't really want to buy another sat nav program

Thanks

Peter

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Solano
    Managed to intergrate the poi's into my copilot on my iphone

I downloaded a program onto my pc called DiskAid. This shows the relevent apps on the iphone.

Then I navigated to uk/uk_ireland/save.

I then dragged the .ov2 file into the save folder, then dragged the .bmp file (the icon) into the same folder.

I then started up the sat nav program. It had found the new poi's and it asked me if I wanted to use them (yes). Then it asked me which icon I wanted to use, and gave me lots of options. Unfortunately the .bmp file I had loaded wasn't there, so I just used another one from the list.

Viktor Guest
    Please see this thread for some icons. http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/...pp-iphone.html

It's likely that you need to have a 24x24 .png file installed instead of the .bmp if it is using the TomTom format.

also have a look at this earlier thread.. http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/...es-iphone.html
    Last edited by Viktor; 28-02-2012 at 14:46.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner Aviano i675
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Manx View Post
    Thank you for contacting CoPilot Technical Support.

Unfortunately there is no way to import POI's into the application. Hope you have a good trip and break away at the festivals/wild camping.

If you have any further questions, or feel that this incident has not been resolved to your satisfaction, please do not hesitate to bring this to our attention.
    To get the files into CoPilot Live is surprisingly easy:

a) Connect your phone as an external hard drive to your computer. (With Android phones, hook up the USB cable, it should automatically ask if you want to turn on USB storage. It will then show up as an additional drive.)

b) Go to the \copilot\EU\save folder (or similar)

c) Copy your .ov2 (and if you have a bmp icon file, the icon is fine) to this directory and disconnect your phone by pressing "Turn Off USB Storage".)

d) Start up CoPilot Live. It will immediately pop up stating that a new POI set has been found. Click the next arrow (to the right), and you can either select a preexisting category or select "New Category" for really custom POIs and click next.

e) Select "No" for "are you importing safety camera data?", then click "next".

PS Works fine for CoPilot Live 9 too.
    Last edited by fairytooth; 04-07-2012 at 20:59.
    Likes N/A liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Elddis Autostratus
    Thanks for the procedure you've outlined

Regards

Chris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information