CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Noza Tec "Lorry" 7" SatNav running Igo Primo software

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autosleeper Trooper LE

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Brilliant, thank you. (Now I don't have to take the Nuvi with me as well anymore)

Member Number
    Motorhome
    swift kontiki 640

nosey touch

got one today found this post and got all the poi's on once I read it correctly super info from original poster. Thanks

Steveyates02 Guest
    So the sat nav is 50 ? I have been using Waze a free sat nav on the iPhone I have been to so many places in the same day lol it does not tell u to turn around when you go wrong it just sends you round in circles lol

Member Number
    Motorhome
    2010 Mk7 Transit 2.4 RWD LWB H/T Conv

Cheers

Glad to hear this is still useful to people and they are getting what they want out of it. Going round in circles... I find, having been a same day anywhere uk courier for a lot of years, its still worth having a quick look at the map before you set off, and when you KNOW you know a better way, ignoring any satnav until it re-agrees with your viewpoint as to direction !

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Fiat Ducato Granduca

I need a little more help.

]

Thank you ...[/QUOTE] For your instructions as to how to get the poi's on to the Chinese satnavs. Mine came a day or so ago, it is just called GPS, but uses the same software that you mention. However, I was not offered any drive H, or any other. So, I did the rest, file and subfile, all copied. But, the device does not use any of the information. Is there any hope for me?
    Squeegee

Member Number
    Motorhome

No drive to place files upon ?

Hi, Squegee,
    it might sound like a silly question, and if it is, I apologise, but, you have got an sd card in it haven't you? It sounds to me, that if you're not being shown that other drive, its not there. If its like mine, on the left flank as you look from the front, at the top there should be an earphone socket, below that a slot marked tf (transflash?) then the av plughole, then the mini usb plughole. The tf slot should have a micro sd card in it, which is upon what the files you want to be copying in should be placed, not the actual hard drive of the satnav itself. If the card is there your computer should offer it to you as an additional drive. I think you may not have the card in the slot either at all or perhaps not in properly - it should be click in and click in again to pop out. I hope you may find your answer here, if not shout again.
    good luck !
    UPDATE - I have re-read the above nonsense to myself and realised I must have had a senior moment - IGNORE ALL THE ABOVE, if you, or anyone else tried to make use of that advice. It is not the sd card, but the satnav drive itself where you want to place the file according to my original instructions which I should have referred to myself before replying - sorry !
    So,
    in answer to your query, your computer obviously offered you the satnav drive, whatever it chose to call it, dependant on the number of other drives you already have, and you managed to copy files to it from what you said, so I would suggest now that you look again at if you had followed the instructions exactly as regards the filenames you created etc, as previous users have found that not being exact causes the satnav not to find what they thought they had just put on there. Try that and see how you go !
    Last edited by Mick Jordan; 18-10-2015 at 12:45. Reason: error

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika EcoVip 712
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbohorlicks View Post
    I tried this but cannot see the WC POI data when i check the sat nav as advised.

I created a folder -"userdata" in the contents folder and then created a subfolder in "userdata" and called it "POI" and then copied the google earth files to that, but cannot see them on the sat nav.

have i misread the advice?
    If you add another folder called \*\content\userdata\usericon you can then add the icons you want to appear on the screen. Icons seem to be 22x22 pixels
    and are saved as bit maps.

You have to alter the heading of the Klm file to tell it the icon name ..

The Start and Ending looks like this ..

HTML Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
    <kml xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/kml/2.2" xmlns:gx="http://www.google.com/kml/ext/2.2" xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xmlns:xal="urn:oasis:names:tc:ciq:xsdschema:xAL:2.0">
    <Document>
    <name>Wild Camping</name>
    <metadata><igoicon><filename>Wild Camping.bmp</filename></igoicon></metadata>            

<Placemark>
                    <name>CR Abbey St Bathans (Borders)</name>
                    <Point>
                        <coordinates>-2.38041,55.84998,0.0</coordinates>
                    </Point>
                </Placemark>
                <Placemark>
                    <name>CR Abbeystead (Lancashire)</name>
                    <Point>
                        <coordinates>-2.667,53.98339,0.0</coordinates>
                    </Point>
                </Placemark>
                <Placemark>

Etc. Etc. Etc. Etc.

</Document>
    </kml>

Member Number
    Motorhome
    swift bessacar E495

poi on google earth

Silly question I know but how do I find poi on google earth????

Member Number
    Motorhome

A/V in

Quote Originally Posted by scotsy View Post
    I also have managed to get this nozatec working the POI files (with a little help from the aforementioned PioneerAdvantur's help)

I also bought a cheapo camera and 10M of cable for about 15 also use it as a reversing camera due to its AV in socket

Ian
    Hi scotsy,
    just messing around with my satnav - how did you get the camera to work - did it just take over the screen when you plugged it in or did you go through a menu somewhere?
    regards,
    Mick

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Adria Twin - added; solar, LED lights, Gas It
    I see that the SatNav comes with a good range of maps. Is it possible to add further maps? I can load open source maps onto my Garmin Nuvi, e.g. Morocco and Malaysia.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information