I know that many of our members love Maps with me, but that it is not that easy for everyone to get the POI files working on them. I have now added an easier download system for maps with me and other mapping apps that use KML files.
1) Open a web browser on your mobile device and go to the POI Downloads page: POI Downloads Page
2) Click on the + sign next to "Maps.me Maps with me"
3) You will see that there are links for all the POI sets: Wild Camp, Pub Stops, Taps, Toilets, France and Iberia.
4) Click on the file that you want (you can do all of them, just one at a time).
5) Click download then "Open In" (the device may just say open in)
6) Choose "copy to Maps.Me" or "Maps.me" from the list or slide the app tiles to the left to select maps.me.
7) The POI locations will now be saved as bookmarks.
8) Go back to your web browser and then go back to step 3.
Last edited by POI Admin; 17-01-2017 at 12:07.
Remember - POI additions and updates can be sent by email to POI@wildcamping.co.uk
This worked wondefully well with my new download of Maps.me. Thank you very much for the time and effort.
The pushing my luck bit is that I had seen another POI map and different icons were used for different types of places eg Pubs vs water. Is this sort of thing hard to accomplish and could you point me anywhere with instructions. But mainly thanks for the help so far
I sent my "can we change the icons" before I realised I could select only certain categories in Maps.me and therefore make the maps less crowded. Given what a terrific job you had done on solving and documenting the maps.me process, my question was beyond the pale and I apologize and thank you again
I'm trying to download that POI files onto my new Sony xperia phone for use on Maps me. When I open the Wild Camping site it doesn't offer me a POI download tab as it does on my Lenova Android tablet I am using now.
Can anyone offer any ideas why that happens and what I can do to access the downloads?
Another senile moment, when I logged in I found the POI download tab
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)