CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Thread: POIs for LPG stations (All Over the World)

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Auto Sleeper Kingham

POIs for LPG stations (All Over the World)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    This site has worked for me. myLPG.eu - Save money save Earth

It has all the info you need relating to LPG in many countries but the best bit is this:

The site lets you download POIs for transfer to the following devices -

POI for Garmin devices (.csv)
    POI for TomTom devices (.ov2)
    POI for Google Earth (.kml)
    POI for iGo primo (.kml)

A quick link that takes you straight to the LPG, POI download page for France, Portugal and Spain is here -

Points of Interest (POI) for France - myLPG.eu
    Points of Interest (POI) for Portugal - myLPG.eu
    Points of Interest (POI) for Spain - myLPG.eu

The only problem I had, was that the POI loader (Available here - Garmin: POI Loader for Windows Updates & Downloads)
    for transferring the POIs to my Camper 660, couldn't locate them by 'browsing' for them.

The only way is to find the 'LPG downloads' yourself and then move them to a folder marked "WildCamping POIs\Garmin which is located in your "Documents" folder.

If you have previously transferred POIs from 'our' Wild Camping site, then this folder will already be there. If you haven't already then you will need to do this.

So all you need to do now is add the LPG POIs (As many countries as you like) to this existing folder and then transfer everything, (Using your POI loader) once again to your Garmin device.

When the POI Loader asks permission to 'Overwrite' the 'Garmin' folder on your Sat Nav, just hold your breath and click 'YES'.

Well it worked for me.

Why are these things never easy? Aghhhhhhh.

Rant Over.

Once the POIs were transferred across using the POI loader, I found them by selecting -

1. 'Where to?'

2. 'Categories'. (Top right hand corner)

3. Scroll down for ages and finally you will see the folder marked 'Custom POIs'. Select this.

4. Result: Happiness. All will be there - Yay, thank you God and Admin.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Globecar Campscout Revolution
    Thanks for sharing very helpful.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer S700 (1992)
    The trouble with mylpg is it is compiled from many out of date sources. I have had communication with Miro the site owner and corrected many in and around the North East of England.

Sites that have not existed for the last 10 years were listed as were many duplicates in wrong locations. Lists like this are only any good if they are regularly updated with accurate information.

I have just checked and there are three dubious locations in Darlington and Newton Aycliffe.
    Last edited by John Thompson; 30-12-2016 at 08:20.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Murvi Morello
    I have used this site for some time and in this part of the World, Dorset, it seems to be fairly uptodate.

Dezi

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autosleeper Amethyst
    First one I checked out was for Whitby and that has not sold gas for months.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Dakota
    I have had mixed results with this in Europe. It is best to head for a cluster of locations and hope that at least one is still functional ...
    Remember - POI additions and updates can be sent by email to POI@wildcamping.co.uk

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Auto Sleeper Kingham
    I noticed that the POIs contain the phone number of the LPG garage so as long as you can speak the lingo you can always ring in advance ...

Thread Information