CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Thread: POI updates won't install

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bailey Approach 740SE

POI updates won't install

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Trying to install the latest updates on my ipad (which is up to date with the latest op system), and when I click,download I get the message 'unable to install updates at this time'. Advice please? TIA

Lesley
    To Infinity and Beyond!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    AutoSleeper Duetto
    Hello,

That is not an error message that I have seen before.

Sometimes you may get "POI failed to download, please try again". If it is this message, please check the available space on your ipad.

Admin

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bailey Approach 740SE
    I've got 34 gigs free, so no problem with space. I've had the message you quote in the past, and kept trying til it eventtually downloaded, but this message about them not installing just won,t respond. Have been trying for a few days with no joy :-(

Lesley
    To Infinity and Beyond!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    AutoSleeper Duetto
    Hi,

I can see that your device is requesting the update, and that we are sending the data to it.
    I have run a full diagnostic and all seems ok our end.

The error message that you are providing is not actually programmed into the app, so I don't understand where it is coming from.

Can I ask you to delete the app, then reboot your device, then reinstall the app?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autosleper Nuevo ES
    Quote Originally Posted by Roverdave View Post
    Trying to install the latest updates on my ipad (which is up to date with the latest op system), and when I click,download I get the message 'unable to install updates at this time'. Advice please? TIA

Lesley
    Messages like that are usually generated by the OS, when it's own knickers are in a twizzle ! Sounds like the POIS are being sent ... just not installed from the ithingy side.
    If at 1st you don't succeed ... skydiving probably isn't for you

Member Number
    Motorhome
    AutoSleepers Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Mul View Post
    Messages like that are usually generated by the OS, when it's own knickers are in a twizzle ! Sounds like the POIS are being sent ... just not installed from the ithingy side.
    Rings a bell so I think I've probably seen that message before. Not 100% sure but I think it was a case of resetting my router or shutting down the device, leaving it a couple of minutes and started it up again. Sorry if you've already tried this, might sound a bit of an obvious suggestion but thought it worth a shout.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    AutoSleepers Symbol
    oops, replied to message quote but hope Roverdave gets the gist

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bailey Approach 740SE
    Thank you! I shut it down and restarted, got the same message three times, and suddenly on the fourth it said it had installed the POIs. I think my ipad is blonde

Actually we have just changed our service provider and got a new router, maybe that caused the problem. If it happens again will try resetting it.

Thanks again!

Lesley and Dave
    To Infinity and Beyond!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    fiat ducato autostratus
    Quote Originally Posted by Roverdave View Post
    Thank you! I shut it down and restarted, got the same message three times, and suddenly on the fourth it said it had installed the POIs. I think my ipad is blonde

Actually we have just changed our service provider and got a new router, maybe that caused the problem. If it happens again will try resetting it.

Thanks again!

Lesley and Dave
    Oi you!!!

Thread Information