CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would really like to see showers added - heres why...

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Renault Master PVC

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisewoman View Post
    Hi there,

I used a shower at Stornoway leisure centre after having initially rocked up for one at Sportnis leisure centre in the north of Lewis only too find it closed as it was a Sunday lesson learnt but again this info attached to showers poi would have been invaluable! Lol

Oh and don't think I didn't think about being one with nature and going for a bath in the Atlantic. I like wild not mad!
    Melissa
    I've bathed in the river at 5 a.m. in Glencoe before now. There are a few nice deep spots where you can wallow to your hearts content.

Probably best midsummer though!

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    There is a shower section in the new POI system.

I am sitting here coding the beta version right now.
    There is a public shower beside the Talisker distillery, pound for two minutes. The green welly has one, two pound for ten minutes.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW T4 Transporter PVC
    Thanks for those tidbits!

Great to hear that there is going to be a shower section too admin ! I am now just north of Inverness and sports centre have become more Plentiful again - I just hope that they are as accommodating here with allowing stinky campers to shower there! It was quite a shock finding a normal 2-lane road around Dunbeath after all that single track- strange how quickly one gets used to a different way of being.

I grinned about the the Lewis on a Sunday comment - I had no idea they were such strict observers of the Sabbath. Even the Europie Dunes Playpark ( a must for kids) had a sign on it saying to respect the Sabbath - we took that to mean to keep any noise down. On the Monday we visited a fabulous little arts shop called the Blue Pig and my daughter asked the lady if there was a bylaw there that said everything had to shut on a Sunday! The lady was very nice and explained it to her in a really child-friendly way about how the Hebridean culture really respects the Sabbath.

I loved the Hebrides and the NW! My partner and daughter flew back from Stornoway on Monday and I'm now working my way slowly back down to England. I've had very little news and crap internet and phone signal but loved that! Quietness - such quietness. Since coming down this East coast I've had friends phoning me with computer issues as I'm more obtainable again! My partner got a message to me on Wednesday saying 'general election' and I understand that Trump is poking north Korea- sigh.

Take me back to the NW !

Melissa

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer Exsis t-588
    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    There is a shower section in the new POI system.

I am sitting here coding the beta version right now.

You could include my van on the pois, I have a shower
    Bd..

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Rapido Le Randonneur 763F
    Quote Originally Posted by oldish hippy View Post
    well in the past have walked onto a camp site with towel rolled up looks like ijust come off the beach and then gone and had shower and just walked off lol
    I do that hipster on campsites that i know.
    Rock bottom is the firm foundation i rebuilt my life on. J k Rowling

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Im sure some of the kind gents would be more than willing to share a shower with you to cut expenses.
    Only dirty people wash

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autosleeper Trooper LE
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Parkinson View Post
    Take a solar shower in the van.If no Sun fill with warm water from the kettle.Pack the bikini,Find a quiet spot and hang it off the side of the van so any rare passing motorists can't see you.(The shower not the bikini).Unless that floats your boat).As a last resort its a very nice feeling getting clean outside.Or if the weathers warm enough get in a loch but in the middle of the day so the midgies don't get you!
    But the bikini covers the bits I need to wash most!

Motorway services can be handy for showers - although some of them involve going into the gents, which can cause some consternation amongst the occupants.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    [QUOTE=Caz;817096]But the bikini covers the bits I need to wash most!

Pictures please so we can help.
    Only dirty people wash

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Merc Sprinter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caz View Post
    But the bikini covers the bits I need to wash most!

Motorway services can be handy for showers - although some of them involve going into the gents, which can cause some consternation amongst the occupants.
    I didn't think I would have to explain exactly what to do!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Elldis

gents

....let me know if it catches on and I'll start using them on a more regular basis LOL 😂

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information