Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: nozatec poi icons all google

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW transporter

nozatec poi icons all google

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Hi

I have downloaded and installed all the wild camping pois - wild camp, taps etc -onto a nozatec satnav. I have changed the icons via poi management from the google globe to others that are vaguely appropriate and they now appear next to the list of pois. However, although all the sites to which they refer appear on the map, all the icons remain the google globe. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    Yes, you have to edit the kml file. I posted how to do it many months ago.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Auto Trail Dakota
    Quote Originally Posted by hairydog View Post
    Yes, you have to edit the kml file. I posted how to do it many months ago.
    Please will you post a link?

Thank you
    Remember - POI additions and updates can be sent by email to POI@wildcamping.co.uk

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW transporter
    Thanks for that info. The code to be replaced that I have recently downloaded is slightly different in parts to that which you have highlighted. The differences are highlighted in red below. These differences seem to be consistent throughout. I changed the taps POI file in the way you suggested, changing "wildcamp" to "Tap" where it appears twice in the replacement code, but the Satnav didn't recognise the POI, which disappeared off its list. The only code with which I once had any familiarity was Basic, so I'm sorry not to be able to bring any insight to bear on this. Thanks for looking

<name>Wild Camp</name>
    <StyleMap id="waypntStyle"> “m_ylw-pushpin”
    <Pair>
    <key>normal</key>
    <styleUrl>#waypntStyle0</styleUrl> “#s_ylw-pushpin</styleUrl>”
    </Pair>
    <Pair>
    <key>highlight</key>
    <styleUrl>#waypntStyle1</styleUrl> “#s_ylw-pushpin_hl</styleUrl>”
    </Pair>
    </StyleMap>
    <Style id="waypntStyle0"> “s_ylw-pushpin_hl”>
    <IconStyle>
    <scale>1.2</scale> <scale>1.4</scale>
    <Icon>
    <href>http://maps.google.com/mapfiles/kml/shapes/campground.png</href> …….shapes/ranger_station.png</href>
    </Icon>
    <hotSpot x="0.5" y="0" xunits="fraction" yunits="fraction"/>
    </IconStyle>
    <ListStyle>
    </ListStyle>
    </Style>
    <Style id="waypntStyle1"> “s_ylw-pushpin”>
    <IconStyle>
    <scale>1.4</scale> <scale>1.2</scale>
    <Icon>
    <href>http://maps.google.com/mapfiles/kml/shapes/campground.png</href> …….shapes/ranger_station.png</href>
    </Icon>
    <hotSpot x="0.5" y="0" xunits="fraction" yunits="fraction"/>
    </IconStyle>
    <ListStyle>
    </ListStyle>
    </Style>

Member Number
    Does the issue relate to the difference between km and kmz .....if I remember the later contains the icons in a zipped format?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    THmhese are just xml files.
    All that styleid rubbish is useless. I remove it from.the file, but you can leave it in. It has no effect.
    I set it up so the taps, toilets, stops are listed under a wild camp folder, but each with their own icon. This is done by editing the .kml files. The document icon is the same in all, the folder icon is different for each poi type.
    This is what I would put in:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <kml xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/kml/2.2" xmlns:gx="http://www.google.com/kml/ext/2.2" xmlns:kml="http://www.opengis.net/kml/2.2" xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom">
    <Document>
    <name>Wild Camp</name><metadata><igoicon><filename>Wild_Camp.bmp</filename></igoicon></metadata>
    <Folder>
    <name>Wild Camp</name>
    <metadata><igoicon><filename>Wild_Camp.bmp</filename></igoicon></metadata>
    <Placemark>

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW transporter
    Thanks for the suggestion - pardon my ignorance, but I don't fully understand how to implement it. At the minute, my wild camp POIs on the Satnav are in the .../content/userdata/poi folder, listed separately along with all the associated files created by the device. Should I create a folder "Wild Camp" and place all these files in there, the address then being .../content/userdata/poi/wildcamp. If so, once done, should the new code be saved as a seperate kml file in that folder?...or
    Should I add that code to the start of each kml file and change the "wildcamp" references in it to "tap" etc?...or
    Should I paste it over the code that appears before the first geographical reference in each file (after 'placemark')
    If it's clear that my complete lack of coding experience precludes any hope of progress, I'll not be offended to hear it. I can live with the google earth icons by limiting the search criteria.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    No, you leave the files EXACTLY where they are. You edit them in a text editor, pasting in what I posted, replacing everything right up to the first placemark tag The example is for the wild camp file.
    You would make a small change in the taps and toilets files so they have a different subcategory heading and a different icon. So the first reference (and icon) to wildcamp is unchanged, the second is amended to tap or whatever.
    I'll try to remember to post examples when I'm using my laptop: it's too difficult to do on this phone.
    Last edited by hairydog; 11-07-2017 at 20:30.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Avantgarde 400 Peugeot Boxer 2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Debroos View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion - pardon my ignorance, but I don't fully understand how to implement it. At the minute, my wild camp POIs on the Satnav are in the .../content/userdata/poi folder, listed separately along with all the associated files created by the device. Should I create a folder "Wild Camp" and place all these files in there, the address then being .../content/userdata/poi/wildcamp. If so, once done, should the new code be saved as a seperate kml file in that folder?...or
    Should I add that code to the start of each kml file and change the "wildcamp" references in it to "tap" etc?...or
    Should I paste it over the code that appears before the first geographical reference in each file (after 'placemark')
    If it's clear that my complete lack of coding experience precludes any hope of progress, I'll not be offended to hear it. I can live with the google earth icons by limiting the search criteria.
    I'm trying to sort out the icons on my Nozatec too - I've prepared an edited version of the Wildcamp and Tap kml files on my PC tonight, so tomorrow I'll connect up the Nozatec to the pc and replace the Wildcamp and Tap files I had previously loaded with the edited ones. The instructions I have followed are the ones that hairydog helpfully set out at post number 53 on this thread:
    Noza Tec "Lorry" 7" SatNav running Igo Primo software
    Hairydog - I wondered whether this is the set of instructions you intended to link to in your earlier post in this thread?
    George Best: "I spent a lot of money on booze, women and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information