CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS


Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: No POIs on Android after installation

  1. #1

    Member Number
    73814
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    5

    No POIs on Android after installation



    CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    I have downloaded and installed the Android app, and it's displaying Google maps with my current location. I have registered the device with my code number and my username comes up on the screen. But no POIs (I have tried both the UK and France options). I can see all the POIs on my desktop.
    I've tried closing and reopening the app but no difference.

  2. #2

    Member Number
    1
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    4,896
    Location
    Henley-in-Arden
    Motorhome
    Hymer B598
    Quote Originally Posted by quilkin View Post
    I have downloaded and installed the Android app, and it's displaying Google maps with my current location. I have registered the device with my code number and my username comes up on the screen. But no POIs (I have tried both the UK and France options). I can see all the POIs on my desktop.
    I've tried closing and reopening the app but no difference.
    Hi,

    I can see from the log that your phone is registered correctly and has attempted a POI download.

    1) I would do a POI update when the phone says they are up to date just click yes to download again. You want to see a popup that says that the files have been downloaded correctly.

    2) Manually move the map over Scotland, then click on the icon of the man with the flag, select the Great Britain POI set and slide the distance slide to 300 miles. Finally, click ok.

    See if that works.

  3. #3

    Member Number
    73814
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    5
    Thanks. It was setting the distance that I wasn't doing. Working now but icons for each POI are very small!

  4. #4

    Member Number
    1
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    4,896
    Location
    Henley-in-Arden
    Motorhome
    Hymer B598
    Quote Originally Posted by quilkin View Post
    Thanks. It was setting the distance that I wasn't doing. Working now but icons for each POI are very small!
    You can change the icon size in the app preferences.

  5. #5

    Member Number
    17249
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    10,855
    Motorhome
    Compass Castaway 500 LL
    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    You can change the icon size in the app preferences.

    I never knew you could do that thanks Phil
    You Look Nice Are You The Doctor

  6. #6

    Member Number
    73814
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    5

    App notifications

    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    You can change the icon size in the app preferences.
    Thanks! Changed that now and much better.
    Next question, the app seems to run as a service and (if I haven't got the app open) keeps on popping up notifications asking me to open it. I have now turned off notifications for it, but wondered why this was the default? It's a bit annoying - is there some design reason behind it?

  7. #7

    Member Number
    1
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    4,896
    Location
    Henley-in-Arden
    Motorhome
    Hymer B598
    Quote Originally Posted by quilkin View Post
    Thanks! Changed that now and much better.
    Next question, the app seems to run as a service and (if I haven't got the app open) keeps on popping up notifications asking me to open it. I have now turned off notifications for it, but wondered why this was the default? It's a bit annoying - is there some design reason behind it?
    The app does not give notifications and has no coding in it to do so.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •