CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Thread: App says I am not connected to the internet

Member Number

App says I am not connected to the internet

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    ...when I am. I'm trying to activate app on a new phone but it just keeps telling me to connect to the Internet - I am connected.
    Compass Rambler 140 on Fiat Ducato 1900 D. Regrettably with only a 45 l fresh water tank.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    2004 Hymer Starline 680 LHD
    Quote Originally Posted by woldsweather View Post
    ...when I am. I'm trying to activate app on a new phone but it just keeps telling me to connect to the Internet - I am connected.
    Sounds like android needs a tickle.

There is a setting which specifies that you only use WiFi for internet access, which needs to be turned off it's in the google settings tab, On my android phone it is inside settings/google/data management, there you can specify wifi or mobile. Mine is set to both.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Navajo
    Quote Originally Posted by FringeDweller View Post
    Sounds like android needs a tickle.

There is a setting which specifies that you only use WiFi for internet access, which needs to be turned off it's in the google settings tab, On my android phone it is inside settings/google/data management, there you can specify wifi or mobile. Mine is set to both.
    Sounded like it would be the solution to that problem on both my phone and tablet, but I can't find that setting. Care to be more specific about where it is? Or perhaps my ersions of Android are too old...

Thanks,

Graham

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Dakota
    I think the suggestion isn't correct.

Network connection options are set within Android Settings and apply to the device as a whole.
    Remember - POI additions and updates can be sent by email to POI@wildcamping.co.uk

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autocruise Vista
    What version of Android? I experienced this very same issue last week and it turned out that it was due to my phone running an old version of Android.

See this thread:

Wild Camping APP (version 2)

Member Number
    How are you connecting to the internet? if it's WiFi, check to see that there isn't an exclamation mark next to the WiFi symbol at the top of the screen (to the left of the bars for phone signal strength). If there's an exclamation mark then WiFi is working to the router but the router doesn't have internet, often because it's waiting for a logon/password. Going to WiFi settings should show this.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Navajo

I have both data sources; My versions

In answer to previous replies (thanks guys):

I've tried with WiFi turned on and off, I've tried with data o and off, and with both on. I've just tried turning on the "smart network switch" which is supposed to choose whichever signal is stronger. I know that the WiFi/Data are working as I can do other things (download mail, browse the web, etc.)

My Android versions are:
    Phone (Samsung Galaxay 4 Mini) 4.4.4
    Tablet (Tesco Hudl) 4.2.2

If there are minimum versions of Android below which the app doesn't work, why does it let me install it?

Graham

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Dakota
    The app should work fine on any Android version.

Please try uninstalling the app, restarting the device and reinstalling.

If the problem persists please advise precisely what error is occurring.
    Remember - POI additions and updates can be sent by email to POI@wildcamping.co.uk

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW LT35 LWB
    I've had this problem for months now on both my Samsung android phones . But I have not got a problem with my acer tablet . They used to work flawlessly before

Thread Information