CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Google Earth problems

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Renault Master

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Well, that's something new I've learnt - how to uninstall apps on my laptop. Unfortunately, I've failed! When I click 'uninstall' next to Google Earth on the apps list, I get a little pop up that says 'Windows cannot access...... may not have permission to do that' etc.
    Also, another quick question, why is the running speed of google earth internet dependent when I thought the point of the downloads was being able to access them when offline? Sorry if that's a stupid question.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Dakota 2007
    If you're unable to uninstall a program it is probably because you are not logged in with an administrative account.

The download files are intended for use in many ways. For example to load POIs onto a satnav, or to use when online with a product such as Google Earth.

Satnav devices do not require an internet connection but Google Earth does ...

Have you tested the internet speed? I would start there.
    Remember - POI additions and updates can be sent by email to POI@wildcamping.co.uk

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Merc 410D

Adding to google earth !!

Sorry to go on a tangent .... I have google earth on my laptop ,how do i add france & Spain (Iberia) to goole earth

ALSO I have it on my tablet again how do I add France & Spain to the map ??

Txs in advance

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Dakota 2007
    If you haven't done so already read this thread:

Google Earth POI installation

The POI files are to be found in the Google Earth folder in the download Zip file.

Regarding your tablet all the POIs are downloaded to the app. The Iberia POIs need to be selected by choosing Sundry POIs ...
    Remember - POI additions and updates can be sent by email to POI@wildcamping.co.uk

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autosleeper Trooper LE
    I used to download the PoI file for my sat nav, and put it on Google Earth at the same time so I could plan ahead on my PC, but since the PoI map was put on here I haven't bothered with Google Earth. You can look the spot up on Google Street View via the link.
    Likes POI Admin liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information