CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Thread: Shroppie Fly pub, Audlem, Cheshire

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Nuevo

Shroppie Fly pub, Audlem, Cheshire

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    The Shroppie Fly pub in Audlem in Cheshire has a lovely location on the edge of the Shropshire Union canal. They have a big flat car park behind the pub, and were happy for us to stay overnight in it. To reach it, from the main road through Audlem, approaching from the South, turn left into the narrow road by the Bridge Inn (that has a smaller carpark, so don't mistake it), carry on past the Mill Shop, and then you reach the Shroppie Fly. The entrance to the car park is on the right, just in front of the pub. The pub serves food at lunch and evening (and I think all afternoon) and has some outside tables by the canal. You can walk along the canal towpath, one direction takes you to the flight of locks, the other direction to Hack Green and the Secret Nuclear Bunker, which makes a lovely afternoon out.
    I think the man we spoke to was called Matt.

Shroppie Fly, Audlem Wharf, Audlem, Crewe, Cheshire, CW3 0DX. Tel: 01270 812379.
    Likes izwozral, Neckender liked this post
    Thanks jeffmossy, POI Admin, stonedaddy, possl thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Rimor K Max
    Another good choice. Good beer range and friendly locals.
    When I was younger I felt like a man trapped inside a woman’s body. Then I was born.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Elldis

Canal

Hi, we are on a little site further up the Shropshire canal....45 mins walk into Chester...a bit pricey at £22 a night but beautiful location surrounded by trees and back gate onto canal....Maja

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Auto Trail Dakota
    Thank you. I've added it to the POIs
    Remember - POI additions and updates can be sent by email to POI@wildcamping.co.uk

Member Number
    Motorhome
    1997 Lunar Road Star 570 2001 BMW 1150RS
    We went there in 1975 when, together with a couple of friends, hired a 72' narrowboat for a week. It took 2 1/2 days to get there ( 1 - 2 hours in the car!!), we had a great night and played our guitars whilst sitting in the sharp end and pouring ale down our necks. We still have a couple of glasses that we forgot to return ()
    'Twas a great pub 40 odd years ago, we'll try it again soon, thanks for the heads up.
    A shiny roof is the sign of a sick mind
    Likes RoaminRog liked this post

Thread Information