Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Meet guidelines - please read

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B598

Meet guidelines - please read

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Hello,

Please read this thread carefully if you intend on attending or organising a member meet.

These are community guidelines for meets.

1) Not all meets are official meets organised by Wildcamping.co.uk or Wild Camping Ltd. Some meets are a group of people meeting together of their own free will. You should personally assess the risks involved in attending a meet on a meet by meet basis. Wildcamping.co.uk / Wild Camping Ltd accept no responsibility for member meets.

2) You are responsible for where you park your vehicle. Do not park your vehicle in an unsafe, regardless of who tells you to do it.

3) You are responsible for the food you eat. Meets may have community cooked food or buffets, please ensure that you are happy with the safety and suitability of food before consuming it. If people have taken the effort to supply or prepare food, please offer to help with this process. Some community meals may have the purchase cost of the food split between the people consuming it, please make sure you pay your share.

4) Keep your pets under control. This does not mean on the lead ( unless this rule is being enforced by the meet organiser), but pets should not allowed to roam the site. Pet should not be allowed to bother other pets. All fouling must be cleared up straight away.

5) Fires require wood to burn. Please try and bring wood if you intend on sitting around the bonfire. Bonfires also require to be cleaned up after them, please offer to help if you were involved in enjoying the bonfire.

6) The person(s) arranging the meet are volunteers. They are giving their time for free. Please remember this and try and be grateful.

7) Any camping fees are being collected on behalf of the site owner. No profit is made from meets. Please try and pay the meet organiser any site fees as soon as you arrive. It is not fair for them to have to chase members for payments.

8) Don't be a leech. We have several members who attend meets and eat the food, drink everyone else's drinks and warm by the fire, but give nothing back. People are not stupid, they do realise that you are abusing their kindness.

9) All meets advertisied on wildcamping.co.uk are for Full Members and their guests only. All motorhomes must belong to Full Members. This is not that we can force people to subscribe, it is because it is a condition of our camping exemption and insurance.

To try and make things a little clearer for members I think it would be a good idea to have a format that the meet threads are posted in.

Thread Title...

This should contain a geographical location ( County, town) , the type of meet (Music, Fix it, Ghost hunt, Hangover, Womens) and the dates. It is important to have the dates otherwise people end up searching through threads of old meets. I understand that sometimes when the thread is first posted that the dates may not be set, but when they are confirmed please message me and I will edit the thread title. Also if a meet is full please let me know and I will add that to the title.

First post content...

Please put as much up to date information about the meet in the first post. Remember if you made this post you can edit it and keep it up to date. Some threads get long and people miss important points.

Please try and include the location, address and contact details for the venue.
    Give as much detail as possible about charges for camping and services.
    Include information about local facilities or attractions.
    Please ask the venue about the use of fire pits.

Try and keep the thread up to date...

Please try and update the attendee list daily

If you are not sure please ask!

We have great members that arrange meets, they have experience of the problems that may occur.

Rallies

Happen every year at the same time at the same venue
    25 vans+
    Normally will have some kind of event at rally (food, fancy dress, etc)
    Firewood delivered to site
    Event tents
    multiple stewards
    camping exemption if needed
    insurance
    Full members only

(examples: Lanark, Hereford, Rutland, Druridge Bay, Henley, Elm Cottage, Falkirk, New Year meet)

Meets

limited to 25 vans max, but less if possible.
    May have spontaneous community cooking
    Members bring firewood
    Only one steward
    camping exemption if needed
    insurance
    Full members only

(examples: Bugsworth, Attleborough, Moffat, Glasson Dock)

Gatherings

Informal meets held by members
    Vans limited by venue
    No stewards
    No camping exemption
    No insurance
    Open to everyone

(examples: Brandon, Shell Island, Caerphilly, Stonehenge)
    Last edited by Admin; 13-09-2016 at 13:16.
    Likes The laird, Dogeared, Sharon the Cat liked this post
    Thanks The laird, Sharon the Cat thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Dethleffs globetrotter lxi
    Looks like thereís a wee secret society over on another forum arranging meets at druridge bay us commoners canít even get in to put our names down bit of favouritism going on usual suspects.🤔😜0CFF240A-C4DA-4B8E-92B7-3B2EDD22BC1C.jpg
    OOR WUSSY

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Rapido Le Randonneur 763F
    Quote Originally Posted by Looser cruiser View Post
    Looks like thereís a wee secret society over on another forum arranging meets at druridge bay us commoners canít even get in to put our names down bit of favouritism going on usual suspects.🤔😜0CFF240A-C4DA-4B8E-92B7-3B2EDD22BC1C.jpg
    I must be a commoner too can't even get onto the new .com
    Rock bottom is the firm foundation i rebuilt my life on. J k Rowling

wakk44 is offline Full member
    Name: Steve
    Spouse: memsahib

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B644
    Quote Originally Posted by campervanannie View Post
    I must be a commoner too can't even get onto the new .com
    Another one here,perhaps Phil doesn't want us lowly commoners going on meets.
    If at first you don't succeed,skydiving is not for you.

The laird is offline Full Member
    Name: Gordon
    Spouse: Fonky fi

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer b544 and luv it
    Tried to log in but no way hosie

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Rapido Le Randonneur 763F
    Quote Originally Posted by The laird View Post
    Tried to log in but no way hosie
    Me too gave it up as a bad job we will just have to gate crash Druridge
    Rock bottom is the firm foundation i rebuilt my life on. J k Rowling
    Likes Looser cruiser liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Avantgarde 140
    I think the boss is still doing last-minute testing, dusting and polishing over there

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Dethleffs globetrotter lxi
    Will we start our own unofficial list Annie. Like the sound of gate crashing a meet
    OOR WUSSY
    Likes campervanannie liked this post

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by Minisorella View Post
    I think the boss is still doing last-minute testing, dusting and polishing over there
    Busy Busy Bee
    Lipsmacking, thirst quenching, ace tasting, motivating, cool buzzing, high talking, fast living, ever giving, cool fizzing...........Cant remember
    Likes Minisorella liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    2002 Hymer B584 Classic
    I have 10 invites to register, if you want one send £50 to Tezza33@scam.com and I will arrange it, first come first scammed
    Who was that gobby southerner who kept saying If they don't like me they can fcuk off
    Likes jeffmossy, jeanette, carol liked this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information