Thread: [FULL] Highland Gathering 16 - 19th June 2017

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autocruise Pioneer Tasman

Van details etc....

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by magbrin View Post
    Hi, Andrew

I can now confirm a place for you at this meet. Please can you let me know how many of you there are, the size of your van, when you expect to arrive and depart and if you are interested in a trip to the pub at Dores on Loch Ness on the Sunday.

Please read previous posts to find out more about the Gathering and look out for new ones from me that will give more detail as to what is going on.
    All the best and safe travels

Margaret

Hi Margaret, thanks for this. I'll be coming alone (recently widowed). The van is an Autocruise Pioneer Tasman, 6 metres long and 2.2 metres wide. I plan to arrive on Thursday 15th and leave on Monday 19th (or Sunday if we need to be off the site then!). Yes to the Sunday Pub trip!

I'm really looking forward to meeting you all next month.

Andrew

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Renault Master PVC
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotsman View Post
    Hi Margaret, thanks for this. I'll be coming alone (recently widowed). The van is an Autocruise Pioneer Tasman, 6 metres long and 2.2 metres wide. I plan to arrive on Thursday 15th and leave on Monday 19th (or Sunday if we need to be off the site then!). Yes to the Sunday Pub trip!

I'm really looking forward to meeting you all next month.

Andrew
    Hi, Andrew, very sorry to hear that you have recently lost your wife. We are looking forward to meeting you, in June and as I said to Ronela, I can guarantee this will be total immersion for you for your first wilding trip! You will learn a lot and meet lots of like minded people with lots of stories of travels in far flung (and not so far flung) places.
    Hope to see you at the Highland Minimeet in 2017, or anytime if you are passing!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Renault Master PVC

If you are going on to Orkney .............

Now most of you will have booked your ferry, I would be grateful if you could confirm when you will be leaving Brin, if you are still interested in the trip to the Dores Inn at lunchtime on Sunday and, if you offered to drive, that you are still happy to do so. This is important, because if you are all leaving on Sunday, and not coming to the pub, a) we could be short of drivers and b) I may have to cancel one of the bookings for the pub. (So far we have made two bookings, but if you are all coming, which I hope you are, we may have to make another one). As we are avoiding having to pay a deposit, I do not want to have to cancel any bookings, as I don't think this would be fair on the pub. Thanks.

This is the infomation I have - sorry it is not coming out as a grid, although it was on my editing page! HOpe you can understand it!:
    No. of People leave No. for pub Other information
    Clunegapyears 2 mon am 2 Driver
    Minisorella 1 Sun/Mon 1
    Admin 1 Sunday 1 Driver
    LeeLinda 2 Monday 2
    FINGERLESS 2 mon am 2
    Forcesixwindy 2 Sun/Mon 2 (probable unless leave early)
    oldish hippy no information received

FYI driving time, on a good day with the wind behind you, from Brin - Scrabster at least 3 hours.

I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks.

By the way, this does not affect anyone not going on to the Orkney meet.
    Hope to see you at the Highland Minimeet in 2017, or anytime if you are passing!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Avantgarde 140
    Hi Magbrin

I'm still undecided about leaving for Scrabster later on Sunday or early Monday but will definitely stay for the pub lunch at least. I'll tentatively put my hand up for driving duties if you come up short... I'm happy driving big things but obviously don't know the area, so would need to follow someone.

By by the way, have you got an attendance list? Also, what day will most people arrive... Thursday or Friday?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Renault Master PVC
    Quote Originally Posted by Minisorella View Post
    Hi Magbrin

I'm still undecided about leaving for Scrabster later on Sunday or early Monday but will definitely stay for the pub lunch at least. I'll tentatively put my hand up for driving duties if you come up short... I'm happy driving big things but obviously don't know the area, so would need to follow someone.

By by the way, have you got an attendance list? Also, what day will most people arrive... Thursday or Friday?
    Hi, Minisorella

Thanks for getting back so quickly! I will only let you know if we need you as a driver if someone I already have down is unable to drive, but thanks for the offer.
    Most people are arriving on the Friday, but there will be a few coming on Thursday and we have a very minimeet for a couple of days for some friends from another forum, who will be leaving on the Friday so I think there will be about 7-8 vans here on the Thursday night and you are very welcome to join us.

As it stands today, the attendees are, but not all are on this forum:
    Magbrin
    Tonybvi
    Jagmanx
    Clunegapyears
    Rita and Andrew
    nightman
    Magsnshirl
    Minisorella
    Georgieporgie
    Admin
    LeeLinda
    Piper
    FINGERLESS
    Macandsarah
    Gee
    Tina
    Isabel lewis
    fionawildcamper
    Forcesixwindy
    Scotsman
    Ronela
    Oldish Hippy

All the best and safe travels
    Margaret

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Pilote Galaxy 40
    We are definitely stopping for lunch on Sunday please.

We were planning on staying on Sunday night but as we are not morning people we might go up to the ferry on Sunday ...
    The longer I'm in this world, the more I want to opt out.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Adria Sonic Supreme

No change

Hi Margaret
    Still arriving Friday and will leave early Monday for the ferry ... hence happy to drive (no sore head!)
    Katherine.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    motorhome

pub

Hi still arriving Friday and leaving Monday.Told the cows to get on with calving as 5 days over now. Will be going to pub , may drive as that way can bring dog.If enough drivers then I may partake of a few wines , just need to make sure dog safe as she is my number one buddy.Looking forward to it as rest is required after lambing.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Elddis Autoquest

Highland meet

Quote Originally Posted by magbrin View Post
    This is early for me to be posting about our next Highland Gathering, but a number of people have already expressed an interest, from Wildcamping and from elsewhere. Numbers will be limited, but it would be good to get a feel of how many from here are interested at this stage.
    We are in the country, near Inverness (IV2 6XD). The format will be much the same as ever - BBQ & bonfire, pub trip, etc. and the event will be free, but we do ask for donations to The Neil Mackenzie Trust.
    More detail will follow (much) nearer the time!
    hi,after reading all the posts I've decided we should be bystanders for the first time,have absolutely no idea what to expect,and see now there's some sort of cooking competition,so please forgive us if we come totally unprepared for what's ahead of us.see you all there.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Renault Master PVC
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunegapyears View Post
    Hi Margaret
    Still arriving Friday and will leave early Monday for the ferry ... hence happy to drive (no sore head!)
    Katherine.
    Thanks, Katherine
    Will be asking you another favour, if you don't mind. We need to make another booking for the pub (as we have had 5 confirmed, so far, from Orkney meeters), and in order to prevent the dreaded deposit, it needs to be in another name. I will pm the details if that's ok, and explain fully!
    See you soon, Mx

Quote Originally Posted by Ronela View Post
    hi,after reading all the posts I've decided we should be bystanders for the first time,have absolutely no idea what to expect,and see now there's some sort of cooking competition,so please forgive us if we come totally unprepared for what's ahead of us.see you all there.
    NOBODY should be a bystander! You don't have to take part, but we hope you will. The cooking is not a competition - although it may end up with posting some photos to be identified - if you are a cook ask Channa for a recipe One for the foodies a Channa game ...lets see if it works a bit of fun. and give it a go. alternatively join the Anti Escoffiers and cook whatever you like on Friday night!

Quote Originally Posted by fionawildcamper View Post
    Hi still arriving Friday and leaving Monday.Told the cows to get on with calving as 5 days over now. Will be going to pub , may drive as that way can bring dog.If enough drivers then I may partake of a few wines , just need to make sure dog safe as she is my number one buddy.Looking forward to it as rest is required after lambing.
    Ha Ha! You must have a great relationship with your cows!
    Thanks for this Fiona. We can sort the transport out at the time - I know numbers will change up until the Saturday/Sunday, however hard I try! But if my records are correct if there is space for you on the bus there should be someone not going, who could keep an eye on your dog for you.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information