Member Number
    Motorhome
    Lunar Premier H622

Yes Brilliant

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    We had a super time as well

Lot of good company and food.

Very good music as well

Phil and Nida snd their thanks to everyone who was there and to Margaret and Angus for their hospitality and organisation

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Majestic 175
    Thank you Margaret and Angus for an excellent weekend, and to the rest of the company best wishes and we hope to meet up soon! We promise not to go to bed so quickly next time, must have been that stange liquor we were drinking

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Frankia i7400
    Thanks again to both Margaret and Angus for yet another very successful meet - all the organisation was well worth it and I hope you both are taking it easy now.
    It was great to meet up with old friends and to make new friends as well, thankyou everybody.
    Got home around 1pm after a grey and dismal drive over the Lecht to find that it had been sunny and 25deg Saturday and Sunday and still sunny now here so had to water veggie patch before replying to this thread!
    Tony and Sue

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Pilote Galaxy 40
    Thank you Margret and Angus for a lovely meet, Linda and I had a great time.
    We loved the harpist and piper, i wouldn't of expected a Dutch piper at a meet on Scotland.
    We are now in Orkney for our next adventure.
    Lee
    You can't be lost if you don't know where you're going.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Renault Master PVC
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunegapyears View Post
    P.s. Keep up the Pilates!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonybvi View Post
    Thanks again to both Margaret and Angus for yet another very successful meet - all the organisation was well worth it and I hope you both are taking it easy now.
    Tony and Sue

It was a bit wet on the field this am, Katherine, but pilates done inside, then over an hours walk with Sam and half an hours cycle - and that was after another boozy late night and 4 and a half hours sleep - to set Alex on his way back to Holland this morning. Now the feet are up and the eyelids closing!
    PS Thanks, K for sending the pilates videos
    Last edited by magbrin; 19-06-2017 at 20:37.
    Hope to see you at the Highland Minimeet in 2017, or anytime if you are passing!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Renault Master PVC

Thanks& debrief!

Thanks to everyone who came to the Highland Gathering, and gave so generously to The Neil Mackenzie Trust. We raised over 800 thanks to your donations, and the donations of Piper and his pals, before you all arrived.
    As always we loved having you all. It was, as you know, complicated by the arrival of 2 of Neil's friends from Vancouver. But we really enjoyed it, and the young always add to the atmosphere - and Emma certainly did that! As Tony said it is good to see old friends (he is one of our oldest!) and meet new ones, and we are looking forward to seeing some of you again at the minimeet.

Just one or two things:

Particular thanks to the drivers, Tony, Phil and Katherine. Without you we could not have done the walk or the pub.

We thought that the walk was very successful - I hope you did too. It is the first time we have done it from 2 ends. Next time we will have to find another two ended walk!

We will be limiting the numbers for the pub, the next time, as the organisation is complex - organising buses, drivers, bookings etc. I know that everyone had genuine reasons for being unable to come to the pub, but originally - through this thread or pms - we had 33 people who said they would come. We booked for 22, intending to have an advanced unbooked party, but in the end there were only 18 wildcampers, plus Alex. I now understand why the pub wants a deposit for larger groups.

We appreciated that you followed our instructions about rubbish - we only had half a black bag left to dispose of ourselves and from 16 vans, that's great!

We had not intended to have a raffle, auction, quiz or collection for the Trust following Emma's clarsach performance. These raised nearly 200! Thanks to those of you who organised them (George in particular!), and you for digging so deeply into your pockets! I will be starting a new thread one of these days to let you all know where the money raised for the Trust, is going.

I hope those of you going have all arrived safely in Orkney, and the rest of you have had pleasant, safe journeys.
    Hope to see you at the Highland Minimeet in 2017, or anytime if you are passing!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Adria Sonic Supreme
    Quote Originally Posted by magbrin View Post
    It was a bit wet on the field this am, Katherine, but pilates done inside, then over an hours walk with Sam and half an hours cycle - and that was after another boozy late night and 4 and a half hours sleep - to set Alex on his way back to Holland this morning. Now the feet are up and the eyelids closing!
    PS Thanks, K for sending the pilates videos
    Managed to walk Oscar a little today. But another boozy night. However I was dry last night :-) These wild camping meets are not good for the liver. Pilates again for you after another healthy NOT night; my goodness, you are keen for for punishment!
    Take care and have a fabulous time in Canada.
    Hugs Katherine X

Member Number
    Motorhome
    motorhome

thanks

Really enjoyed this meet.Nice to meet new people and Summer loved it.We were both thrown back to work as soon as we arrived home but had lots of nice memories to keep us going.Stay safe.Fiona and Summer.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Motorhome

Thank you

Thank you so much for the hospitality M & A. We had a great time. We loved it all.
    Great to meet new friends and old ones too.
    Mags and Shirl x x

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    I have been offline a few days, but I hope the Escoffier theme worked out for a bit of fun ? .. I was on Friday extremely frustrated, (working on a semi pro football ground) When my heart was telling me Inverness get the engine running alas not to be.

It seems everyone had a good time and from personal experience Margaret and Angus are not only genuine people but fantastic hosts !.

It is great to see 800 raised for the trust, Sterling work mes amigos !!

I am now resigning myself that Orkney this time is not on the cards either, but having visited a few years ago as a solo unit, extremely jealous for I believe one of our little islands hidden jewels.

I hope all involved leave with happy memories

Channa

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread Information