CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Thread: confused.com

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Roller Team 695

confused.com

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Am getting confused about the new classifications: Meets and gatherings. Does size matter? In which case why is Greywell a gathering and Bugsworth a meet?Couldn't find Greywell/Stonehenge meet (?) until I looked on Jeff's list and the 'meet' is happening in a few days. Why do we have to have separate sections, it's much easier to find a place to go if they are all together. Sorry if I am being 'dense' ! Think I have just answered my own question, it's to do with insurance...but surely the Fox & Goose part of the 'gathering' is a meet - not everyone is going to Stonehenge. Next question then how does a 'get together' qualify as a meet?
    Last edited by moonshadow; 13-09-2017 at 09:46.

Sue & Martin
    Likes carol liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B598
    Quote Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
    Am getting confused about the new classifications: Meets and gatherings. Does size matter? In which case why is Greywell a gathering and Bugsworth a meet?Couldn't find Greywell/Stonehenge meet (?) until I looked on Jeff's list and the 'meet' is happening in a few days. Why do we have to have separate sections, it's much easier to find a place to go if they are all together. Sorry if I am being 'dense' ! Think I have just answered my own question, it's to do with insurance...but surely the Fox & Goose part of the 'gathering' is a meet - not everyone is going to Stonehenge. Next question then how does a 'get together' qualify as a meet?
    The Fox & Goose does not use our exemption or insurance so it is a gathering, all members can attend. Bugsworth requires a camping exemption and insurance so it is a meet, only Full members can attend.

I know it is complex right now but the idea is to make it easier for members to know what to expect from events.

Rallies

Happen every year at the same time at the same venue
    25 vans+
    Normally will have some kind of event at rally (food, fancy dress, etc)
    Firewood delivered to site
    Event tents
    multiple stewards
    camping exemption if needed
    insurance
    Full members only

(examples: Lanark, Hereford, Rutland, Druridge Bay, Henley, Elm Cottage, Falkirk, New Year meet)

Meets

limited to 25 vans max, but less if possible.
    May have spontaneous community cooking
    Members bring firewood
    Only one steward
    camping exemption if needed
    insurance
    Full members only

(examples: Bugsworth, Attleborough, Moffat, Glasson Dock)

Gatherings

Informal meets held by members
    Vans limited by venue
    No stewards
    No camping exemption
    No insurance
    Open to everyone

(examples: Brandon, Shell Island, Caerphilly, Stonehenge)
    Thanks ian1950, moonshadow, slider thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Roller Team 695
    Ok, good so far .....

But the ???? we are going to do near Taunton, potentially 25+ vans, but not sure about all the other stuff yet, how will that be classified? Would be helpful to know. Thanks

Sue & Martin

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer B598
    Quote Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
    Ok, good so far .....

But the ???? we are going to do near Taunton, potentially 25+ vans, but not sure about all the other stuff yet, how will that be classified? Would be helpful to know. Thanks
    If it is on their own camping permission and insurance it will be a gathering, if it is on ours it will be a rally.
    Thanks moonshadow thanked for this post

Member Number
    I have updated the Current Meets / Rallies / gatherings In Order By Dates thread to now include gatherings . The main header title will be updated when Phil gets some time
    Lipsmacking, thirst quenching, ace tasting, motivating, cool buzzing, high talking, fast living, ever giving, cool fizzing...........Cant remember
    Likes moonshadow liked this post
    Thanks moonshadow thanked for this post

Thread Information