CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Garmin Drive SatNav.

Member Number

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Not used the lmt version but the arrival times when first inputting an address on this 51 have been spot on.Baring in mind i tend to drive under the speed limits,my TT's always posted a time of arrival that would always need to be extended as i went along
    Last edited by Jeff G; 13-02-2018 at 09:42.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Castaway 500 LL
    I`ve had TomTom sat navs since they first came out and over the years i`ve owned 4 models and then a NozaTec.

I`ve now had a Garmin Camper 760 LMT-D for the last 3 years and it`s by far the best one yet

The 7" screen is brilliant and navigating around it is much easier that the others.

Yes, it`s had a couple of " moments " but i ignore anything that doesn`t look right and it soon re-calculates.

The others ( even with the length, height and weight set ) got us in a right pickle a few times the worst ( NozaTec ) being a 7` bridge

My main gripe was that having spent all that money on it i needed to buy an extra 32GB micro SDHC card because the memory was virtually full after the initial update at purchase

Everything is automatically looked after by Garmin Express and our POI`s load very easily using the Garmin POI loader and the instructions found on here

The big 4 ( quarterly ) map updates take a while to do but i have a fast internet connection so its not too bad, simply connect and leave it to it.

Garmin UK support 0800 238 000 is probably the best customer services i`ve ever dealt with and nothing is too much trouble.

I`m sticking with it for a while yet and will definitely buy another / updated version of this model when the time comes
    You Look Nice Are You The Doctor

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    What was wrong with the Nozatec (apart from poor build quality and a dim screen?)

If it sent you under a low bridge, that was because you hadn't updated the maps to a set that had Lorry Restrictions data. They are shipped without this essential!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    Quote Originally Posted by jagmanx View Post
    Despite recommendations for Novatech and others I would always choose TomTom or Garmin!
    What do you base this perverse decision on?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    2003 Autocruise Starblazer.

Garmin sat nav

I've just bought a Garmin 770 lmt with reversing camera.
    Not used the camera yet but the satnav is very good.
    Thousands of POIs and campsites, even gives TripAdvisor reviews of campsites, restaurants etc.
    Having a contact within Garmin certainly eased the purchase cost!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information