CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: A class v coach built

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Yes, we have one

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by hairydog View Post
    Yes, the bonded ones do need longer. Mine is set in rubber, thank goodness. The bonded ones tend to crack

Atooglass is called caraglass in Europe.
    I knew when I said cara (something) it was along those lines, I just couldn't remember exactly.
    The bonded type which seem to be most newer models now, would take considerable cleaning of the frame, prior to fitting the replacement
    Tramping the Dream, Enjoying the Pot of Sunshine at the Rainbow end!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
    Hi hairydog, Dnk was talking about a mirror that was damaged whilst his van was parked not a windscreen.
    His other price was £540for another mirror damaged by someone on the wrong side of the road who never stopped. He fitted that one himself to avoid labour charges. But thanks for the input about the windscreen.
    Yes, he was a bit off-topic, but I stuck to the subject we are discussing anyway.
    See

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Bessacarr E412

Pegaso

Just looking for opinions on A class v coach built.
    Like everything else there will be advantages and disadvantages, some like cost are obvious.

I have always fancied an A class and I am thinking on the new Roller Team Pegaso 590 just out in September. Itís the only A class done to British spec under 6m, the spec looks impressive.

All opinions welcome

Cheers

Pegaso 590 Motorhome | A-Class Motorhome Brand | Roller Team
    Hi
    Did you finally go for one of these? Can you say how long the two benches facing each other are? We both have dodgy backs and need to stretch out rather than sit up for any length of time. Our small 5.8m rear kitchen van is one of the few shorter vans that allows us to do so, combining swivel seats and benches at the front of the van. All of the continental layouts with L shaped seating we have looked at so far only have adequate bench length on one side... hence the question.

What did you think of the kitchen? Weíve found most short continentals are rather limited in this area. Lastly is the overhead storage space sufficient, most recent low roofed vans seem to have very shallow cupboards with no middle shelf?. These are significant questions as we use our van for long trips totalling about 8 months of each year.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Eura Mobil Practica 690
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholsong View Post
    I have not driven a C/Pvc MH, but drove a lot of vans with the same cabs over many years, and also 7.5t trucks.

I find our 'A' Class N&B Arto is excellent for driving for the following reasons -

The visibility is excellent(not appreciated on dealers' forecourt or showroom)
    Seats are very adjustable.
    Wing mirrors, incl parabolic, can be positioned for better view. Downward kerbside mirror can give view all along body.
    The side windows are usually double-glazed
    Windscreen allows one to see more of the scenery.
    The seats have two proper armrests(think some C/PVC use door rest - not adjustable)
    There is extra shelf space at the side of the seats for parking mobiles, glasses, bits and bobs.
    On ours the driving postion is higher than a van so one has a view over cars allowing one to better anticipate traffic conditions ahead.
    When 'White van man' sees you coming he is more likely to give way, in my experience.

From the living point of view I think 'A' Class has the following advantages -

There is an added feeling of space and the forward view from the lounge area is wider and higher.
    The additional shelf space as above can be reached from the Captains' seats when reversed.
    There is more space to manoeuvre those seats.
    They usually come with a drop-down blind for privacy/sunshield and ours can be part dropped and locked.

I suggest you test drive an 'A' Class with these points in mind, and ask to park in an open country area so you can go back and sit to see the difference from the hab area.

If you are still not convinced, then stick with the 'C' Class.

Geoff
    I agree totally.. I had a 7.4m Autocruise Sarasota (Smurf type) with overcab bed, and moved to a 6.9m Eura Mobil A class, double glazed side windows in the cab and metal motorised front shutter blind saves the stretch over the dash. Plus all the points Nicholsong has mentioned. The garage is what we had on the top of our tick list to secure push bikes/table /chairs etc.
    The mirrors are the ant type and give good vis down the side of the van. I found driving it no more difficult than the Autocruise, and the front cab area is ideal when parking up, as I am able to pull a curtain across behind the front seats and effectively create what I call a small conservatory area getting the sun from all three directions from the big windows.
    Likes Obanboy666, Fisherman liked this post
    Thanks Fisherman thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson 510 welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by barge1914 View Post
    Hi
    Did you finally go for one of these? Can you say how long the two benches facing each other are? We both have dodgy backs and need to stretch out rather than sit up for any length of time. Our small 5.8m rear kitchen van is one of the few shorter vans that allows us to do so, combining swivel seats and benches at the front of the van. All of the continental layouts with L shaped seating we have looked at so far only have adequate bench length on one side... hence the question.

What did you think of the kitchen? Weíve found most short continentals are rather limited in this area. Lastly is the overhead storage space sufficient, most recent low roofed vans seem to have very shallow cupboards with no middle shelf?. These are significant questions as we use our van for long trips totalling about 8 months of each year.
    Sorry for taking so long to get back to you.

yes we have ordered the van and hope to get it soon.

Sorry but as I don't have the van yet, I am unable to answer your questions.
    I don't think the overhead cupboards have shelves, but I may be wrong.
    What I can say is for a 6m van the lounge is surprisingly spacious and very comfortable.
    They use Eco leather for the upholstery.
    There seems confusion over this with reviewer stating it's fake leather, it's not.
    Eco leather is real leather that has been produced more ecologically for the environment in its tanning and preservation process.

My advice would be to go and take a look, I think you will be impressed.
    Look at the videos and reviews I have posted, they may help.
    If we all agreed there would be no discussion, and it would be a dull boring world.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Yes, we have one
    One of our previous vans came without cupboard shelves.
    I simply made them, varnished and fitted.
    Job done!
    Likes Fisherman liked this post
    Thanks Fisherman thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson 510 welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by grath View Post
    One of our previous vans came without cupboard shelves.
    I simply made them, varnished and fitted.
    Job done!
    Thatís exactly what I plan to do if they donít have shelves, I donít think they do, so itís a job for me when I get it home.
    If we all agreed there would be no discussion, and it would be a dull boring world.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Yes, we have one
    Thatís exactly what I plan to do if they donít have shelves, I donít think they do, so itís a job for me when I get it home.
    I used a thin ply to save weight and it was quite sufficient as nothing heavy was on them.
    Rather than have wooden supports, I used the plastic corner pieces from a DIY shop!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson 510 welcome
    Just got a crazy price to fit an external aerial point on new Motorhome.
    The part costs £16 and I fitted one on my current Motorhome in around 20 minutes.

They quoted me £175, that’s £160 for a 20 minute job.
    I told them to leave and I would fit one myself, only to be told this could affect my warranty.

I will contact roller team for advice, possibly go to another company.

Any ideas welcome,

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Yes, we have one
    Just got a crazy price to fit an external aerial point on new Motorhome.
    The part costs £16 and I fitted one on my current Motorhome in around 20 minutes.

They quoted me £175, thatís £160 for a 20 minute job.
    I told them to leave and I would fit one myself, only to be told this could affect my warranty.

I will contact roller team for advice, possibly go to another company.

Any ideas welcome,
    That is cheaper than where I got our new van from last year.
    It was offered in their list of extras for either £300 or £350
    I can't remember which as I instantly discounted it from my ears

Now got a 100gb data sim and will use this

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information