CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: the Boxer build

Member Number
    Motorhome
    boxer

the Boxer build

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Hi all, I will ramble here until I am kicked out, about the months of pain and joy that lie ahead..

As a resume,
    I bought an old (2004) Boxer high roof - LWB in September, a 2.2 HDi. I generally know my PSA as that's all I have ever worked on and owned but don't know near enough really..
    I have worked hard on the base van since it stalled it's way all along the 20 miles home.. its getting there but now I need to do some fun work on it.

Yesterday I went to Wales and grabbed a few Seitz (spelling) windows and I think they will do, they are hinged at top but don't look to bad at all. they have blinds and fly screens in them.

Today I went to a local wrecker and grabbed a drivers seat base, some trim, other bits and bobs - A good 2 days really.

The yard today had two very nice rear doors (but with windows).. I may go and grab them in the morning, and fit them as is, even though they are red and mine are white.. I cant really work out how well they were fitted, I suspect they are sealed in and then rubber trim added too. Has anyone removed windows from rear doors before from this type/age of van? - I am thinking of a re-paint anyway so....

The yard also has a full length roof rack, which I think will be a useful addition and much used! (I always fit roofbars to every car but somehow a rack seems more sensible now for a camper)

no pics, will post some soon.
    John

Member Number
    Motorhome
    boxer
    evening all..

have done a lot of driving and shopping over the last few days..

can I ask your opinion on gas tank size..

I bought an LPG tank, and when I picked it up, and got it home today I realised that due to the handbrake cable position under the van, and the exhaust snaking around forward of this, the tank cant really be fitted underneath..
    I feel a bit silly !

If I end up with gas heating, hot water, fridge and a 2 ring hob, and I do end up planning to wild camp fairly often, how big ought a tank to be? what is pointlessly small or oversized? I can/could fit tank under the rear fixed bed, so at least its mostly over the back axle..

thanks for any input,
    John

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Motor home

don't see Y not

Where's pic's!

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Rapido Le Randonneur 763F
    I too have a boxer mine is a 2.8 hdi but I'm a woman and it means nothing to me lol.
    Rock bottom is the firm foundation i rebuilt my life on. J k Rowling

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Motorhome (aka The Nest)
    Yep, My base vehicle is a 1996 Boxer 2.5 TD. Been great & doesn't miss a beat, Although it DOES sound like a Bag of Bolts at times on starting up lol lol.
    Get approx 25-28 to the gallon.& Drive's like a car.
    Good luck with yours, it will be good seeing the Pixxes & Progress.
    But I think as far as Tank size & location goes,,,,Well you need a Tape measure, and sketch pad then a cuppa to think about it.
    Last edited by Nesting Zombie; 10-01-2017 at 22:48.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    boxer
    thanks all very much !

you helped well with my gassing issues..

I will put some pics up! soon--- today I removed the last remaining part of the original van except the cab glazing.. the dash is out and on the floor.. I took lots of pics but they are quite uninteresting
    feels a backward step at this stage removing this part.. but the matrix has sprung a leak and must be fixed..

I have decided on a simple layout, and I have to decided to cut some windows so I cant change my mind again! its just a boring layout really but it is what works, I hope ..

John

Member Number
    Motorhome
    IMAG0005.jpg
    IMAG0002.jpg
    Her are a couple of pics of my remodel still at the painting stage
    IMAG0185.jpg

Member Number
    Motorhome
    sprinter banger
    ooh that's nice Annie !

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Quote Originally Posted by n brown View Post
    ooh that's nice Annie !
    I know it looks even better now it's almost painted and the cushions are coming back from the upholsterer the 6ft ones are being shortened to 5ft and the trike fits in perfectly and it's all down to this cracking little guy in Bristol who knows his stuff . XX

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Pilote Galaxy 40
    Quote Originally Posted by campervanannie View Post
    I know it looks even better now it's almost painted and the cushions are coming back from the upholsterer the 6ft ones are being shortened to 5ft and the trike fits in perfectly and it's all down to this cracking little guy in Bristol who knows his stuff . XX
    A little complement goes a long way, doesn't it Annie.
    You can't be lost if you don't know where you're going.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information