CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Thread: Changing classification

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mercedes 814

Changing classification

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    When I get back to blighty,hopefully b4 xmas,rush rush,I will be setting about just adding a few more things needed to change the classification from hgv[7.5t] to motorcaravan.
    When I send in the photos and fill in the ,think it's sect 7...I'm assuming I don't have to have a new test put on the truck as it was only tested in August,in hgv guise..
    Why the last guy didn't change it I don't know as it only needs a fixed table,all the other criteria for changing is done from what the step son has told me.I also assume it might mean cheaper insurance,or maybe not

Cheers
    Steve

ps...Phil[admin] sent you a pm a couple of days ago,did you get it.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mercedes 207D
    I'll need to do the same next year so I'll watch this thread with interest....
    668,the neighbour of the beast.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW LT 2.8TDi Self-Build Camperbus
    Quote Originally Posted by karakachan View Post
    When I get back to blighty,hopefully b4 xmas,rush rush,I will be setting about just adding a few more things needed to change the classification from hgv[7.5t] to motorcaravan.
    When I send in the photos and fill in the ,think it's sect 7...I'm assuming I don't have to have a new test put on the truck as it was only tested in August,in hgv guise..
    Why the last guy didn't change it I don't know as it only needs a fixed table,all the other criteria for changing is done from what the step son has told me.I also assume it might mean cheaper insurance,or maybe not

Cheers
    Steve

ps...Phil[admin] sent you a pm a couple of days ago,did you get it.
    No need for a new MOT.
    I changed mine from a LGV Minibus to a Private HGV Van a couple of months ago and previously another vehicle from LGV Panel Van to Motor Caravan and no new tests for either.
    VW LT Camperbus Build Blog.- https://www.facebook.com/Wildebus
    Thanks karakachan thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Table can be fixed but removable,ie folding leg but must mount somewhere like a side wall,mind you if it looks as fixed in pictures i dont think they will take notice,the regs are a guide not fixed in law.
    Only dirty people wash
    Thanks karakachan thanked for this post

Thread Information