CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Section please read!

Mothman Guest

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Helloooooooo!!!!!! Phil phil wherefore art thou Phil???????????

Member Number
    Motorhome
    van conversion

Adria Twin modifications

Hi All
    I thought that you might like to view some of the mods I've done to my Adria Twin .....

I bought the van 12 months ago (first van) and have had a fantastic 12 months. However over the 12 months I have found ways of improving the van to suit me and my wife (when she acompanies me). By the way, I can't spell, which doesn't make me thick! Please don't make me think less of you by pointing out my mistakes.

When I (we) were looking for a van 15 months ago, the "must have" specification included a shower and a fixed bed, both present in the Adria Twin. However I don't like a shower curtain which clings to your body when showering, as the Twin's did. I added 2 strips of velcro and a short length of elastic to the shower curtain/shower wall to pull the curtain away from me while showering. I also remover about 6" from the bottom of the curtain so that it dripped/dried more quickly after a shower.

Thanks go to "Europe by Camper" (Europe By Camper: Adria Twin Modifications and Improvements) website for the following mod...
    The addition of a folding bench across the side door opening. This has been a fantastic mod particularly when Lynne accompanies me. I had added a catch to stop the shelf from flapping about under heavy breaking.

I also saw a mod which converted the small "hole in the floor" in the rear seats footwell into a more secure area. I have upgraded this mod to a lockable "safe". The safe is lined with 5mm thick foam. I used a standard latch lock, packed out with a thin piece of wood so that the latch fitted under the floor perfectly. I also removed a small amount of wood from the vertical strengthener to allow the latch to spring out correctly when closed. Travelling abroad I felt it a safe place to keep our passports and money. All parts were bought from B&Q.

My van is silver and I thought that the gas outlet and water/electric flaps didn't blend in with the silver van, so using silver "smoothrite" and a cloth, I rubbed the black plastic with silver paint, giving the plastic a silver look. This has now been on since April and hasn't shown any signs of peeling off.

I'm now going to attempt to attach the photos ....

I can only attach 5 photos per post, so if you find this of interest, I can send you the rest of the photos.

Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes N/A, kenno liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    06 Ford Transit LWB, med roof. As at Sep

Big Bum Bessie

The conversion has moved on a bit since the last pics were taken.
    Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes N/A, kenno liked this post

Viktor Guest
    Looks like it's coming along nicely Jim.

northernspirit2001 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothman View Post
    Hi Guys Is there not a pimp my van section??? ie a page dedicated to mods to our vans as i have tons of before & afters of my Van from old in need of doing up,, to now all pimped up,, ie Stero system (ICE) tv, amps, Re upostery, Wheels, tints, mood lighting, Decals, ect ect,,,,,, i would like a section just for pimps please Phil

ps whats this new section being called???

Barrington b
    ....are you being sarcastic, I cant tell!

PS. My stereo power bounces boy racers off the road, there is a massive subwoofer in the overhead bunk amongst other ICE additions. Problem is it rattles the blind in the rooflight!
    Likes Burtie liked this post

Mothman Guest
    Hi & No not being Sarcastic at all im on another forum dedicated to car (ICE) ECT ECT i would love a section as in alot of other forums dedicated to our Mods/Pimps,,,, i have 2 amps & a 1,000 watt sub rms Tv wired to surround sound for the ultimate in Movie watching,, my list of Pimps is endless on my Hymer,,,, i love my music loud soulful funk & R&B OLD ELECTROS,,,,,always been into my Gadgets & car systems im a bit old skool like that,

Mothman,

Quote Originally Posted by northernspirit2001 View Post
    ....are you being sarcastic, I cant tell!

PS. My stereo power bounces boy racers off the road, there is a massive subwoofer in the overhead bunk amongst other ICE additions. Problem is it rattles the blind in the rooflight!

northernspirit2001 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothman View Post
    Hi & No not being Sarcastic at all im on another forum dedicated to car (ICE) ECT ECT i would love a section as in alot of other forums dedicated to our Mods/Pimps,,,, i have 2 amps & a 1,000 watt sub rms Tv wired to surround sound for the ultimate in Movie watching,, my list of Pimps is endless on my Hymer,,,, i love my music loud soulful funk & R&B OLD ELECTROS,,,,,always been into my Gadgets & car systems im a bit old skool like that,

Mothman,
    awesome...

I'm no expert but try my best to get a good rich and thunderous sound for music and watching films/tv!

Presumed I'd be on my own there, my fault for typecasting motorhomers! Not that theres anything at all wrong with enjoying the peace and solace motorhoming and wilding in particular can enjoy. Everything has its time and place.....

Mothman Guest
    Hi Yeah fully agree buddy,, got to have a good head unit its a must IMO i run 2 x 1,000 watts amps 1 x 1,000 watt sub hi top tweeters sony 3 way 6x9s 6" sonys in the dash all going through a PYLE EQ & IT ROCKS BIG TIME

Hey Northenspirit Sweeeeeet van my friend very nice indeed

Mothman,
    Last edited by Mothman; 11-11-2011 at 10:54.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mercedes hymer s750
    I'm jellous my sound system has packed up
    one day it worked the next it didn't
    I had it working for 2 minutes the other day
    then it stopped so now I have to decide what to put in

Member Number
    Burtie sadly Mothman has now left the forum.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information