CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Clarence the Safari Camperbus

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW LT 2.8TDi Self-Build Camperbus

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    it's really for my little hamster teeth in my own moosh

I am currently a bit underawed with the USB Charger. I tried it last night and put my nearly full (3 power lights on) toothbrush on it. Come the morning and I have one power light that is flashing (for low power). Looks like the charger base has sucked the power out
    Put the brush on the 'proper' charger again and will check again but .....
    Camperbus Blog and Website - www.wildebus.com
    Electrical Bits - stores.ebay.co.uk/Camper-Van-Kit
    Likes mariesnowgoose liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Went to IKEA yesterday and bought a new drawer front Exciting huh!
    Well, I use a 100mm high front where I blank off the sink to fit various devices and switches and needed to rework it after fitting the new Multiplus.

Looking like this now ...

Control Panel (Labelled)
    by David, on Flickr (Labels for the photo not actually there )

So left to right we have:
    Victron Multiplus Control Panel. This is a remote version of the Multiplus Panel with extra flexibility. It adds the ability to change the maximum input current on the fly with the dial control (so in the photo above it is set at 16 Amps). This will be very handy when stopping off at a site with a low power hookup (It won't actually really affect how the electric inside can be used as when the EHU current is reduced, the Multiplus goes into 'Power Assist' mode and makes up the difference using the Inverter. So just end up using a bit of Battery Power and then extra Battery Charging afterwards).

Victron BMV-712. Battery Montitor that also has a relay system that can control the Water Heater.

Fridge Fan Control. There is a Temperature Probe attached to the Fridge Compressor and goes to this Controller. Once a certain temp is registered, the controller switches on its relay to power a small 12V fan aimed at the rear of the fridge.

Water Heater and Water Pump Switch Group.
    Water Heater - The left switch is a 3-way switch for the Water Heater. In position I, the Water Heater is controlled by the BMV-712 relay which gets enabled depending on the battery SOC Level; In position II, the Water Heater bypasses the '712; and in postion 0 the Water Heater is off.
    Water Pump - The right switch simply connects or disconnects +12V to the Shurflo pump.

'TBA' Switch. Basically this is not connected to anything at the moment and just a spare

'GEN' Switch. This is a switch that is connected to the Multiplus Remote Control Panel. When the switch is on, the Current set by the dial control is overridden by a value that has been previously set. I programmed this to 7 Amps to suit my P2200 Generator which has a maximum running power of 1700W to ensure it will not go into Overload.
    When the switch is on, the display changes to tell you it is in the Generator override mode

Control Panel (Gen)
    by David, on Flickr
    Last edited by wildebus; 06-02-2019 at 21:02.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    Quote Originally Posted by wildebus View Post
    it's really for my little hamster teeth in my own moosh

I am currently a bit underawed with the USB Charger. I tried it last night and put my nearly full (3 power lights on) toothbrush on it. Come the morning and I have one power light that is flashing (for low power). Looks like the charger base has sucked the power out
    Put the brush on the 'proper' charger again and will check again but .....
    Check the USB cable. It has to be fairly chunky to take the pulses without dropping volts. The ones that can fast-charge a phone are best. The ones that come with the charger are hopeless, in my experience.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Quote Originally Posted by hairydog View Post
    Check the USB cable. It has to be fairly chunky to take the pulses without dropping volts. The ones that can fast-charge a phone are best. The ones that come with the charger are hopeless, in my experience.
    I think it is integrated, not exchangable?
    Either way, I have done a return and bought another Mains charger base (I just wanted a spare base to keep in the van and thought a USB one would be handy as it seemed an option). Thanks for the info though. Something to bear in mind should I decide to try one in the future or for others looking.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    see picture
    Quote Originally Posted by wildebus View Post
    I think it is integrated, not exchangable?
    Either way, I have done a return and bought another Mains charger base (I just wanted a spare base to keep in the van and thought a USB one would be handy as it seemed an option). Thanks for the info though. Something to bear in mind should I decide to try one in the future or for others looking.
    I've bought four of the things, all well under a fiver. All used a standard microUSB connector. Perhaps yours was of a different sort.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread Information