Peteabix is offline Full Member
    Name: Pete
    Spouse: Maureen

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner Aviano

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    And add another thumbs up from me.
    Great conversion and excellent write up and absolutely easy to spot.
    Pete
    Thanks wildebus thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW LT 2.8TDi Self-Build Camperbus
    Been trying to work out good table options. I don't think I will be using a fixed table much, but it is a requirement for Motor Caravan classification, so has be available.

I think I have come up with a solution. And this is the photo I will be sending to DVLA ...
    IMG_20180610_111454 by David, on Flickr

This shows the table on the removable post so attached to the vehicle as per DVLA requirements. But it is actually a standard Lifetime Table from Costco with folding legs, so can be used as normal and saves having to carry around a plain tabletop just for occasional use.

I also got round to cutting the 15 carpet offcut I bought a month ago to suit the living area ...

Carpet
    by David, on Flickr

Need to make a hole for the table leg of course. And need to decide where to trim the cab end. Probably will cut to put under the end trim piece.

Carpet
    by David, on Flickr

Also need to add a small section around the step threshold (the offcut width was just too narrow to cover that part as well ) but pretty pleased with how it looks for the price (this is a build on a budget!)
    Camperbus Blog and Website - www.wildebus.com
    Electrical Bits - stores.ebay.co.uk/Camper-Van-Kit
    Likes Asgarth1977, mariesnowgoose, Nabsim liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW LT 2.8TDi Self-Build Camperbus

Daft Mod time :)

So I fitted this table leg kit a week ago or so and used a Costco table as a top
    IMG_20180610_111454 by David, on Flickr

Travelling a few thousand miles south, a TV Programme I enjoyed watching was "Sea Patrol", a drama based around a ship in the Royal Australian Navy. and in Series 2 they got a new ship, and on the Bridge of that new ship they seem to have what looks to me like a Cat Scratching Post
    SeaPatrolPost by David, on Flickr

From the first time I noticed that, I thought it would be great to have some kind of scratching post in my Camper for the cat, who loves her scratching post AND loves chilling out in the van.

So moving back to this afternoon, I can now reveal my own weird update
    IMG_20180613_152115 by David, on Flickr

It kinds of matches in better with the general planned Safari theme of the van rather than a chrome pole as well

Oh, and an under table shot to show how the table itself is dual purpose
    IMG_20180613_152132 by David, on Flickr
    The original legs are still fitted and functional, and the post mount is secured in place by both Sikaflex Adhesive and Bobby Ball (short and fat) Screws, plus the legs when closed go over around 30% of the mount surround which also keeps things nice and tight.
    Camperbus Blog and Website - www.wildebus.com
    Electrical Bits - stores.ebay.co.uk/Camper-Van-Kit
    Likes mark61, Robmac, Nabsim, 955itriple liked this post

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information