Beemer is offline Full Member
    Name: Dave
    Spouse: Christine

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Eura Mobil Practica 690

Motorhome jobs

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Spent the bank holiday weekend tidying up the motorhome, sorting out those little things that can usually "wait".
    Our rear roof window flyscreen was split a few months ago (over garage bed) and I had every intention of replacing it yet again.
    The last time I replaced the flyscreen/black out blind combo, it cost me about 40. This time I had a cunning plan.
    I removed the old fly netting and replaced with cheap plastic net off the roll. I secured the netting with pegs and hot glued it into position, and then cut the edge off.
    20190525_104816.jpg
    I also have been having problems with my reversing/rear cameras. I was able to swop a faulty one with a camera I had spare in the garage. I also had bought a single camera from ebay previously, to fit by my rear number plate on the side where my grey waste outlet is located.
    20190527_203510.jpg 20190527_203537.jpg
    It took an afternoons work, but I now have an extra camera at the rear close to the ground so I can line up the waste outlet with a sewer drain (at home)
    Likes Clunegapyears, n brown, wildebus liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Last visable convoy
    Hya, for one beautifull and wonderous moment, i thought you was going to say you had fitted a camera pointing at your grey waste outlet to catch who had been stealing your grey water.
    For just one moment though, but i realy realy enjoyed that thought.
    Likes Sharon the Cat, Beemer, Tezza33 liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    iveco iris lib bus
    Found some damp at back left corner of van which has rotted the floor,so almost striped out and once i find water entry point and seal i will replace floor with either marine ply glass fibered over or use a new stuff which is made of recycled plastics,this is in between the other million jobs around the house which are on my list.
    Only dirty people wash
    Likes saxonborg, Silver sprinter liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Carthago Chic C-Line 4.9
    That new rear camera is very discreet.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Laika EcoVip 712
    There always seems to be a few small jobs that need doing or a few updates. I changed my rear camera for one of the new ones without LEDs. Works really well but it was square and i had a round hole to fit it in. I have also updated the reversing screen on the dash for a 9" version. This also has a feed from the SatNav so nice BIG Display.

Like the idea of the waste camera. I have a similar problem getting lined up for the drain and the new screen has a spare input and I just happen to have a camera that came off the back which would be ideal.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Burstner
    On our last trip I found a leak on the toilet flush (on the first day) and the fridge stopped working on gas. Luckily that was right at the end of our trip and only shortened it by one day.

The vacuum breaker was faulty in the Thetford cassette. It was a pig to change as the access is terrible. I ordered a new gas burner assembly and jet (and was ripped off for postage by Leisureshopdirect). It eventually arrived and was an easy fit ... and cured the problem.

My engine battery is under the cab in a rigid plastic box. While checking something else I noticed a chunk of the box missing on a front corner. I will just use something like Gorilla tape to cover it and make it waterproof again but I am laid up with a dodgy shoulder for now, it will have to wait.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    sprinter banger
    Quote Originally Posted by maingate View Post
    On our last trip I found a leak on the toilet flush (on the first day) and the fridge stopped working on gas. Luckily that was right at the end of our trip and only shortened it by one day.

The vacuum breaker was faulty in the Thetford cassette. It was a pig to change as the access is terrible. I ordered a new gas burner assembly and jet (and was ripped off for postage by Leisureshopdirect). It eventually arrived and was an easy fit ... and cured the problem.

My engine battery is under the cab in a rigid plastic box. While checking something else I noticed a chunk of the box missing on a front corner. I will just use something like Gorilla tape to cover it and make it waterproof again but I am laid up with a dodgy shoulder for now, it will have to wait.
    any excuse
    too blessed to be stressed
    Likes maingate liked this post

Thread Information