CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dumfries & Galloway

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabsim View Post
    Yes I wasnít thinking of council provision more private or commercial. I know last I looked our septic tank was about £35k to replace, that serves 10 cottages but only needs emptying every 2 or 3 years. I know regs have just changed regarding tanks though so could now be more.

There are lots of camp sites around here but I was thinking more stopovers than a camp site with nominal charge but then fill up and/or empty tanks at an extra charge. Because there are a lot of camp sites I donít think ehu would be needed as folks could book a night on a site if they needed everything.

Would it me the same conditions as a caravan park for someth8ng like that?
    Simple terms yes, The caravan development Act applies from memory 28 days no more than 5 vans (might be wrong on that bit) When this site holds official meets the site uses an exemption certificate which gets round numbers but is why meets are only open to members and not non members .It is nothing to do with elitism it is more to do with dotting Is and crossing Ts ....Other meets are private meets where quite frankly we are flying by the seat of our pants. For general stop overs eg cls c/s affiliation to the big clubs is required you are guessing it is complicated

A good example is for years a pub at Bugsworth basin was used for informal meets ignoring licensing rules for a second it seems locals complained so that is a venue lost headoffices like Sam Smiths mentioned recently don't want anything to do with wild camping I suspect totally on economic grounds the administration legal complexity far outweighs any return

As regards sites Parkdean etc whilst offering camping to tourers their maincore business is selling statics then selling more statics that is reflected sometimes in facilities

Local authorities like a rash on them too at present particularly North Wales and Skegness

What should be straightforward and easy sadly isn't hoops to jump through before you start and that ignores traffic impact , waste collection or lack of

Channa

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Herald Templar
    We surely don't need facilities, just the right to park within shouting distance of a town for a fixed number of nights. I for one am finding myself looking more and more at C&CC temporary sites and cheap CLs with just occasional wildng nights.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    Quote Originally Posted by antiquesam View Post
    We surely don't need facilities, just the right to park within shouting distance of a town for a fixed number of nights. I for one am finding myself looking more and more at C&CC temporary sites and cheap CLs with just occasional wildng nights.
    Which is exactly the provisons made local authorities are talking about when they don't see need to invest in aire type arrangements

Channa

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Motorhome
    Quote Originally Posted by reiverlad View Post
    Not all bad news in D & G

There is now some dedicated parking for motoromes in Glencaple - see attached

Motorhomes in Caerlaverock - Caerlaverock Community Association

For info anyone wanting to empty their grey waste at Caerlaverock corner will need a bucket / container as the drain is on a raised level and too far from the parking area for an extended pipe.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information