CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dover overnight Marine Parade?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
    Which TRO is it and when was it introduced?
    Curious about this myself . Previous thread on this subject , if I remember correctly , said that you could park at [or next to] Marine parade , council preferred [recommended] other spots ? Don't remember TRO

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Dethleffs SE
    Spent last night there, parked up the far end away from the port. Had to move down to the other end at 03.00 as it was so noisy, motorbike with no silencer revving up and Eastern Europeans shouting and singing ouside us. Quiet outside the flats for the last 3 hours of the night.
    Thanks jacquigem thanked for this post

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by jann View Post
    The parking at the monument has been popular for a long time,the signs have been put up in the last few years.It is a rough road to get to.sometimes locals tell motorhomes not to use it.
    We have started using Canterbury park and ride and making the most out of using the bus into town.This makes a good start to the holidays.Also use it on the way back because it makes our return journey a bit shorter the following day.
    Use Canterbury P&R whenever going across channel. Its a pity they restrict entry to before 8:30 pm as it can be a mad dash to ensure you beat the deadline. OP has earl start so not convient

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Rio 340
    We have often stayed overnight at the western end away from the port but not been for a couple of years. Now that the redevelopment of the Western Docks is nearing completion what is the current status of overnighting on the seafront road?
    www.maritimephotographic.co.uk
    www.facebook.com/MaritimePhotographic/

Member Number
    Motorhome
    HYMER ML I
    There was going to be a van park at Granville gardens just a short distance back from the front for use at night, BUT they reinstated to height barrier at 2 metres.
    Thanks MollsPhot thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Rio 340
    Quote Originally Posted by GWAYGWAY View Post
    There was going to be a van park at Granville gardens just a short distance back from the front for use at night, BUT they reinstated to height barrier at 2 metres.
    That's a shame, but I'm not surprised. Here at Portsmouth there's a Park & Ride car park opposite the ferry port but it also has height barriers. It doesn't make any sense! So is overnight parking currently permitted on the seafront road? Need to find out as we are heading that way next week.
    www.maritimephotographic.co.uk
    www.facebook.com/MaritimePhotographic/

Member Number
    Motorhome
    HYMER ML I
    Quote Originally Posted by MollsPhot View Post
    That's a shame, but I'm not surprised. Here at Portsmouth there's a Park & Ride car park opposite the ferry port but it also has height barriers. It doesn't make any sense! So is overnight parking currently permitted on the seafront road? Need to find out as we are heading that way next week.
    NO, do not risk it There are definite prohibition signs allowing cars and motorbikes only.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Quote Originally Posted by GWAYGWAY View Post
    NO, do not risk it There are definite prohibition signs allowing cars and motorbikes only.
    Got into Dover last night too late for Canterbury p&r (seems daft 8.30 curfew ?) . Marine parade rammed , over 30 motorhomes, mostly British .
    Went to Maison Dieu carpark , peaceful night , 4 or 5 other vans .
    Couple of pints in The Lanes , unusual bar (?) well worth a visit . Mostly Kent ales and ciders . English wines .
    Good coffee and bacon sandwich in Mean Bean this morning .
    My opinion of Dover has changed
    Likes mark61, GWAYGWAY liked this post

Wooie1958 is offline Cupid Stunt
    Name: Hey You
    Spouse: Yes M`Lady

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Compass Castaway 500 LL
    Quote Originally Posted by alcam View Post
    Got into Dover last night too late for Canterbury p&r (seems daft 8.30 curfew ?)
    Set alarm and arrive at Canterbury earlier

I know the " official " cut off is 20.30 but i`ve seen them still coming in as late as 22.00 when i`ve done the last walk to the bins to get rid of the rubbish.
    Trust No One

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson flash 510
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooie1958 View Post
    Set alarm and arrive at Canterbury earlier

I know the " official " cut off is 20.30 but i`ve seen them still coming in as late as 22.00 when i`ve done the last walk to the bins to get rid of the rubbish.
    More a case of ferry captain putting his foot down than setting alarm .
    Did think of chancing it at Canterbury but was happy with Dover . Free parking AND decent pub . The Gate at Canterbury is typical of everything I dislike in modern 'pubs'

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information