Thread: Newhaven - Dieppe

winks is offline Full Member
    Name: Harold
    Spouse: Roseann

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hobby 750 (The Behemoth)

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the discount for highly valued senior members of society is applicable to any other routes?

Cheers

H

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Globecar Globescout PVC
    Quote Originally Posted by winks View Post
    Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the discount for highly valued senior members of society is applicable to any other routes?

Cheers

H
    I stand to be corrected, but no I don't think so.

Korky.
    Thanks winks thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Yes, we have one
    Quote Originally Posted by winks View Post

Cheers

H
    Pretty sure it is just Newhaven / Dieppe as I understand Dieppe subsidise the crossing to help keep the town alive and the ferry crossing!
    Dieppe also own the parking area that I posted about earlier!
    Tramping the Dream, Enjoying the Pot of Sunshine at the Rainbow end!
    Likes carol liked this post
    Thanks winks thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Swift Sundance 630G (X250)
    Quote Originally Posted by grath View Post
    We have been using Newhaven / Dieppe for quite a few years now as it is cost effective saving about 2 hrs drive each way compared to Calais and the 20% old fart discount is excellent.
    During summer you can park overnight in Newhaven, just past the Hope Inn on the old harbour quay and it also has grass parking. This costs 3 and is excellent with sea / ferry views.
    The barrier is open and manned from 0800hrs to 1700 hrs. Any other time you can't get in with a M/H.
    We stayed here for 4 nights last week!
    There are no facilities, so go in with full water and empty cassette!

Also Dieppe has two aires at 12
    I saw them all parked up there and would have stopped myself but was too late to get in, looked a nice place.
    Swift 630G
    in the boot

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Yes, we have one
    Quote Originally Posted by yeoblade View Post
    I saw them all parked up there and would have stopped myself but was too late to get in, looked a nice place.
    It is possible to park outside the barrier until the man opens up at 0800hrs
    But keep the entrance clear as cars come and go under the barrier
    Thanks yeoblade thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome

Plus mutley

Just booked another crossing with them on this route, on line it does not add a cost for the ! but when you phone through to book and get the 20% discount they do add the pet charge. which is about the same as the discount around 20.
    Also when I said my van was 7.6m long she said we will book you in the <7m class, that will be OK.
    Swift 630G
    in the boot

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Yes, we have one
    Also when I said my van was 7.6m long she said we will book you in the <7m class, that will be OK.
    Hope you get away with it, but be aware that an over interested check in attendant or security, might think different!
    On our last trip, the security checkers even confiscated our empty one gallon spare fuel can for the scooter and geny. This can was bone dry and the security person had difficulty determining if she could smell fumes!
    I just let is go because they had put us on an earlier and more expensive crossing without any charge!
    Still a very cost effective crossing, saving about 2 hrs drive each way, compared to Calais!

I have booked a one way to Dieppe and a one way from Bilbao for later this year!
    Likes yeoblade liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW Camper
    I have used this route twice as Newhaven is near home, and found it a good crossing. I have stayed in the Dieppe aire once but it is quite pricy for one.
    I discovered a free aire just 20 mins south outside Dieppe very useful for a morning ferry. St. Nicolas d'Aliermont n49,88045 e1,22092. It says two spaces but it is a large carpark behind a small town. Pay for water, Toilet drop free, great for clearing out prior to travel.
    Likes yeoblade, carol liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    When I went last month, to Le Mans for a bike race meet I had 25 litre jerry can and a gallon can that I'd just filled, glad I wasn't searched, gas fridge was left on too!
    I didn't know of the fuel can ban.
    Taking the dog instead of the bike this time to Massif Central region for a walking holiday and NO cans.
    Swift 630G
    in the boot
    Likes grath liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Yes, we have one
    When I went last month, to Le Mans for a bike race meet I had 25 litre jerry can and a gallon can that I'd just filled, glad I wasn't searched, gas fridge was left on too!
    I didn't know of the fuel can ban.
    Taking the dog instead of the bike this time to Massif Central region for a walking holiday and NO cans.

naughty naughty

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information