CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Thread: Wildcamping for paddleboarding?

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Mazda Freindee

Wildcamping for paddleboarding?

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    We are currently in Pateley Bridge...looking for any quietish wildcamping Poi near to water that we could use a stand up paddleboard (sup) we are beginners so don't want anything too extreme. Lake District possibly? Open to suggestions!
    Have Camper can Travel anywhere 😁
    Thank you
    Nicky & Michelle

Member Number
    Motorhome
    van conversion
    One of the best places I learnt was Poole near sandbanks but it would be a long drive for you when the tide is in it is only 3 ft deep
    Likes Bongo babes liked this post
    Thanks Bongo babes thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    van conversion
    Just thinking get the go paddling app for the I phone that gives you parking and launching details
    Likes Clunegapyears, Bongo babes liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Adria Sonic Supreme

Carsington Water

Had our first go this morning. Loved it!. Only £12 and we got showers too … Result! Watch a few videos first to learn how to kneel and then stand. You really don’t need to pay for a lesson. What I loved is that I was better at it than James - first only ever sport where I was better.
    Tip: don’t try to change direction in the same way you would in the canoe. I fell off at this point. You actually just paddle wide.
    Likes Buckby, Bongo babes liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer Mli 570
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongo babes View Post
    We are currently in Pateley Bridge...looking for any quietish wildcamping Poi near to water that we could use a stand up paddleboard (sup) we are beginners so don't want anything too extreme. Lake District possibly? Open to suggestions!
    Have Camper can Travel anywhere 😁
    Thank you
    Nicky & Michelle
    I’m sure your “everywhere” doesn’t include Guernsey but what a great place for paddle boarding! One of our sons lives there and has a house right beside the beach at Vazon Bay. Each time we visit there the family seem to have added to their fleet of various water craft. Latest additions are inflatable paddle boards even though they have all got their original boards. Their excuse is that they are better for taking on their boat to Herm / Sark! Have to say though that they are really easy to handle - even I can use them except when one or other of the grandchildren decide to do a board to board transfer onto my paddle board when I inevitably end up in the water!
    Just back from another great time with them and I can confirm that the sea is plenty warm enough for falling into from the paddle board even without a wetsuit.
    Tony
    Likes Bongo babes liked this post

Thread Information