CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cornwall Wild Camping

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson 510 welcome

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by channa View Post
    I totally agree with you, for a lot of councils in a lot of areas I suspect residents would prefer council run sites to be provided for the travelling community considering the mess they often leave behind.
    Lots of schools here are asking parents to provide books and pencils etc something when I was at school was pretty much taken for granted

Then there is the argument a space to empty black waste ,,,standard council answer that facility is provided by campsites in the main the aire typed of arrangement is a non starter And with the mentality of those in charge IF they provided an aire it would result in places lost through tros and PSPO s

We need to be careful what we wish for IMHO it could restrict more than liberated with the British mindset

Channa
    The situation in schools and other departments you state channa, are created by austerity cuts that have been implemented by Tory governments. Spending a small proportion of what we pay towards providing facilities from our taxes, will make no difference to what’s going on in education. What’s required there is an end to austerity.

Also you state that due to the mess left behind by the travelling community, they should be treated more favourably than us. So due to the fact that we don’t leave areas unfit for human habitation after leaving incurring councils with large cleaning and refuge bill, we should be treated less favourably, sorry channa that seems ridiculous.

You say we have to be more careful for what we wish for, we have no organisation to support us or fight our cause, nothing is done to support us in any way by anyone. Local councils at the drop of a hat put up barriers and signage every day to restrict us, what we wish for has no bearing whatsoever to what’s been going on.

We are not asking for the earth, simply somewhere to park our vans in empty car parks through the night.

Take a look at the previous post to this.
    Last edited by Fisherman; 18-04-2019 at 16:48.
    If we all agreed there would be no discussion, and it would be a dull boring world.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI Euro Riviera 100
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
    The situation in schools and other departments you state channa, are created by austerity cuts that have been implemented by Tory governments. Spending a small proportion of what we pay towards providing facilities from our taxes, will make no difference to what’s going on in education. What’s required there is an end to austerity.

Also you state that due to the mess left behind by the travelling community, they should be treated more favourably than us. So due to the fact that we don’t leave areas unfit for human habitation after leaving incurring councils with large cleaning and refuge bill, we should be treated less favourably, sorry channa that seems ridiculous.

You say we have to be more careful for what we wish for, we have no organisation to support us or fight our cause, nothing is done to support us in any way by anyone. Local councils at the drop of a hat put up barriers and signage every day to restrict us, what we wish for has no bearing whatsoever to what’s been going on.

We are not asking for the earth, simply somewhere to park our vans in empty car parks through the night.

Take a look at the previous post to this.
    I think you need to have another read ....re the travellers ,and education and the rest of it local authorities via government have had budgets cut 60% reported a few days back. So spending on visitors when they cant service the rate payers seems a remote possibility in my book

Organisations have existed as you are well aware and down to apathy folded

In Kirklees last financial year £110 k was spent cleaning up after travellers and fly tipping significantly cheaper than providing Elsan points for visitors (is the argument) Hence the status quo and I suspect the same is true of other areas

Channa

110K is also cheaper than providing facilities for traveling types I do agree austerity measure need kerbing simply not working
    Last edited by channa; 18-04-2019 at 17:04. Reason: ps

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson 510 welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by channa View Post
    I think you need to have another read ....re the travellers ,and education and the rest of it local authorities via government have had budgets cut 60% reported a few days back. So spending on visitors when they cant service the rate payers seems a remote possibility in my book

Organisations have existed as you are well aware and down to apathy folded

In Kirklees last financial year £110 k was spent cleaning up after travellers and fly tipping significantly cheaper than providing Elsan points for visitors (is the argument) Hence the status quo and I suspect the same is true of other areas

Channa

110K is also cheaper than providing facilities for traveling types I do agree austerity measure need kerbing simply not working
    Channa, the councils should not have to finance what we require.
    I have already stated that this should come from central government.

I am not saying that councils should bear any cost over and above what they already do.
    Just in the same way they donít finance motorway maintenance and other nationally financed projects.
    If we all agreed there would be no discussion, and it would be a dull boring world.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW transporter
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjones18 View Post
    Age ain't got to you
    They are redoing the car park. Winter charges are just a little lower than the summer ones, instead of cheap. 70p for first hr then £2.30 for the next hr and so on.
    Some old signs are still there along with the new ones (they even got a rain proof cover over them)
    A lot of the bays have been dug up as the have been laying new electrics ,so no bay markings though the sign says vehicles must be parked in bays. I could not get my 7.5 mtr motor in any bay.
    That must be costing a fortune!
    Edina's post re councils being short of cash highlights the stupidity and shortsightedness of Cornwall Council.
    Whilst accepting they might not be able to afford to pay for aires they could at least do the same as North Devon Council who have allowed overnighting in several car parks in order to bring revenue into those towns. Appledore was one of them, forget which others...grrrr
    Likes Fisherman liked this post
    Thanks Fisherman thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW transporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
    If thatís true witzend (and I believe it is) has anything been done about such blatant self interest.
    People like this should not be allowed anywhere near public office.
    Surely this could and should be highlighted locally.
    This is Cornwall boy! tradition has always been that you look after your own and let no one say you nay!
    There are many here who wish the tourists would just stop at the border and just send their money on...sad.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson 510 welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by Debroos View Post
    That must be costing a fortune!
    Edina's post re councils being short of cash highlights the stupidity and shortsightedness of Cornwall Council.
    Whilst accepting they might not be able to afford to pay for aires they could at least do the same as North Devon Council who have allowed overnighting in several car parks in order to bring revenue into those towns. Appledore was one of them, forget which others...grrrr
    Recently up here in East Dunbartonshire, the local council spent around £3million to streetscape the Main Street in Kirkintiloch.
    The work created havoc for local traders and the public for 18months.
    The whole idea was to try and attract people back to the high street shops.
    6 months after spending all of this money, and all the upheaval, what did they do.

Well they started to charge for the carpark that had been free for decades.

Quite frankly they could not arrange a piss up in a brewery.
    Likes Debroos liked this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information