Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cornwall Wild Camping

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Campervan

Cornwall Wild Camping

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Hello everyone,

I'm new to this so bear with me. So, our friend has left 2 of us in charge of her (quiet) hen weekend and has said she would like to go camping around the Cornish coastline in a campervan. However, there will be 4 of us and we think it will be better if we take a tent as well. Anyway, I'm looking for suggestions on places to stay. Please Help! Its this weekend. She's sprung this upon us real last minute!

Thanks in advance!

P.S. We are all sensible over 25s and live in Cornwall already.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI mizar
    We are in Cornwall now and the county council are just erecting new parking signs in the large car park in looe. (workmen are there now, so go and kick them)
    Increased charges and now all year round. The notification dated April will cover all council owned parking in Cornwall.
    We are now in caravan and motorhome site in looe for £19 a night for 2 adults and 2 children as we have gave up trying to find wild places around looe.

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjones18 View Post
    We are now in caravan and motorhome site in looe for £19 a night for 2 adults and 2 children as we have gave up trying to find wild places around looe.
    The Cornwall Councillor for that area's family runs a campsite in Looe, Hence no wild spots around Looe
    Last edited by witzend; 16-04-2019 at 21:24.
    Thanks Debroos thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Auto-trail Scout
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjones18 View Post
    We are in Cornwall now and the county council are just erecting new parking signs in the large car park in looe. (workmen are there now, so go and kick them)
    Increased charges and now all year round. The notification dated April will cover all council owned parking in Cornwall.
    If you don't mind travelling a bit, there are several wilding locations within 20 miles of Looe. We've found the Brittania Inn in Par to be excellent if you want to have a meal and a few jars as well. They have a camping field behind the pub and this is free for customers. HTH, Geoff
    Likes time4t liked this post
    Thanks chrisjones18, time4t thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    CI mizar
    Quote Originally Posted by witzend View Post
    The Cornwall Councillor for that area's family runs a campsite in Looe, Hence no wild spots around Looe
    Well that explains things.
    New signs say vehicle must be in a marked bay so I guess they are coming soon with the paint and only bits of it have bays.
    There is even a meter in the boat ramp bay .

Member Number
    Motorhome
    VW transporter
    I'm a bit confused. My memory is that the large car park in Looe has always had year round charges and definitely had marked bays all over it.
    Or has age completely done my brain in!
    Certainly Cornwall Council is one of the worst for anti wildcamping sentiment.
    As said, too many councillors have vested interests. Such a shame...
    Likes witzend liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson 510 welcome
    If thatís true witzend (and I believe it is) has anything been done about such blatant self interest.
    People like this should not be allowed anywhere near public office.
    Surely this could and should be highlighted locally.
    If we all agreed there would be no discussion, and it would be a dull boring world.
    Likes time4t liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson 510 welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffL View Post
    If you don't mind travelling a bit, there are several wilding locations within 20 miles of Looe. We've found the Brittania Inn in Par to be excellent if you want to have a meal and a few jars as well. They have a camping field behind the pub and this is free for customers. HTH, Geoff
    That’s fine Geoff and thanks for the information, but there should be a limited and controlled amount of wild camping spots either in looe itself, or on its immediate outskirts. 20 miles is halfway between Glasgow and Edinburgh.
    If we all agreed there would be no discussion, and it would be a dull boring world.

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
    If thatís true witzend (and I believe it is) has anything been done about such blatant self interest.
    People like this should not be allowed anywhere near public office.
    Surely this could and should be highlighted locally.
    Some time ago I emailed all Cornwall Councillors suggesting that motorhomes be allowed to stay overnight in it,s carparks for a reasonable fee to help keep parking fee down of the few who replyed 4 thought it reasoable the one from Looe area said definatly No as he had seen a toilet cassette being emptied into a road drain and his family runs a campsite. He never replied when I suggested he should declare a interest an not vote in any related voting.
    Likes GreggBear, GeoffL, time4t, Debroos liked this post
    Thanks Fisherman thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson 510 welcome
    Some time ago I emailed all Cornwall Councillors suggesting that motorhomes be allowed to stay overnight in it,s carparks for a reasonable fee to help keep parking fee down of the few who replyed 4 thought it reasoable the one from Looe area said definatly No as he had seen a toilet cassette being emptied into a road drain and his family runs a campsite. He never replied when I suggested he should declare a interest an not vote in any related voting.
    What proof was there of this emptying of a cassette, and surely the solution to this problem (if it is a problem) is to provide facilities for the cassettes to be emptied. So we are taking the word of a man with conflicting interest, and even if his version of events is true, we are punishing decent Motorhome owners, who make up the vast majority.
    Likes GreggBear liked this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information