mickymost is offline Free Member
    Name: Michael
    Spouse: Swmbo

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer Mercedes s560 1993 built to last!

CLICK HERE TO REMOVE THESE ADVERTS
    Quote Originally Posted by caledonia View Post
    Hawick might look a nice spot next to the river but the bored teenagers and the locals at pub kicking out time can get a bit excited. Lots of nicer places to stay in the tweed valley.
    Yes Caledonia we stayed in this Car Park on a weekday night last year and experienced the local Boy Racers till 3am in the morning.I realise each to their own and we all have our interests but when they are racing around driving everyone mad till the early hours then it gets a bit taxing and as you say there are nicer places in that area to stay...
    Likes caledonia liked this post
    Thanks caledonia thanked for this post

mickymost is offline Free Member
    Name: Michael
    Spouse: Swmbo

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Hymer Mercedes s560 1993 built to last!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon the Cat View Post
    Well I never, quite good information here.
    Thank you for that AND nothing stated about being able to sleep overnight being against the rules so Good on Hereford council!!!
    Likes Sharon the Cat liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Renault Master (self build)
    Cheers for the replies I'll make a note of all the mentioned stops.

We've never really had any trouble and if asked to move it wouldn't be a massive deal but it was refreshing finding a spot that had signage allowing motorhomes instead of the "no overnight parking/sleeping". On that subject Seaton Carew and surrounding spots now have signs up.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    vw t5
    Quote Originally Posted by mickymost View Post
    Yes Caledonia we stayed in this Car Park on a weekday night last year and experienced the local Boy Racers till 3am in the morning.I realise each to their own and we all have our interests but when they are racing around driving everyone mad till the early hours then it gets a bit taxing and as you say there are nicer places in that area to stay...
    Have heard the local road pilots are keen on seeing who can doughnut closest to the motor home.
    Likes mickymost liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autocruise Starspirit
    Glencaple, they have an honesty box for donations.

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Chausson 510 welcome
    Sad thing Micky is you can only stay one night, and if one of us does something the locals or council don't approve of, we will probably be banned.

The boy racers, well their just letting of some steam, night after night after night.
    If we all agreed there would be no discussion, and it would be a dull boring world.
    Likes mickymost liked this post

Member Number
    The council's around the Skipton area, seem more enlightened, than most areas. There are several that allow motorhomes to stay, overnight, albeit with a reasonable charge. Settle, is another town, in that area.
    Others have posted a few, around the UK, that welcome us, although I'm surprised that no one has yet mentioned one that is, arguably, one of the best, and that is Canterbury New Dover Road, Park And Ride. Apart from not having Mains hookup, it's as good as many continental Motorhome Aires.
    It is a dedicated motorhome parking area, with water and disposal facilities, as well as CCTV, for security. Plus, once you have got your ticket, you can use the bus, into Canterbury, as many times as you Like. Well worth a visit, if you are down that way.
    Likes jeanette liked this post
    Thanks Fisherman, Northumborman thanked for this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    Autotrail Dakota 2007
    Thank you for that AND nothing stated about being able to sleep overnight being against the rules so Good on Hereford council!!!
    I have just checked Herefordshire Council's Off Street Parking Order. As usual this prohibits sleeping, camping or cooking in their car parks.
    Remember - POI additions and updates can be sent by email to POI@wildcamping.co.uk
    Thanks Sharon the Cat thanked for this post

Member Number
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick H View Post
    The council's around the Skipton area, seem more enlightened, than most areas. There are several that allow motorhomes to stay, overnight, albeit with a reasonable charge. Settle, is another town, in that area.
    Others have posted a few, around the UK, that welcome us, although I'm surprised that no one has yet mentioned one that is, arguably, one of the best, and that is Canterbury New Dover Road, Park And Ride. Apart from not having Mains hookup, it's as good as many continental Motorhome Aires.
    It is a dedicated motorhome parking area, with water and disposal facilities, as well as CCTV, for security. Plus, once you have got your ticket, you can use the bus, into Canterbury, as many times as you Like. Well worth a visit, if you are down that way.
    And you can get a decent meal in the pub just at the entrance too.
    Likes GreggBear liked this post

Member Number
    Motorhome
    none
    Can second the local council around Settle and Skipton several of the car parks have designated bays . They are listed on there web site.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information