Trip to France

Unsure have the right bits of paper to go wandering around the EU only did Belgium by accident the first time then it seemed silly not to to come here, with only a crit air sticker.

Its about this time you realise there is so much to do and see. If you go to the Black Forest you may as well do Switzerland which is epic and if you go to Switzerland you may as well do the Italian lakes! Thats why our trips almost always ended up being five or even six months! Dont think you need any extra paper work though. Lots for you to see in France though.

Not sure what your source was ?
In general , travelling through villages and small towns these options are not available and the coffee is invariably bland .
Edinburgh has some exceptional coffee shops [try the Milkman in Cockburn street , also in Peebles] and perhaps I am spoiled

Can’t remember the source, but It was the result of a quick Google and the article was about ordering coffee in Paris, not France generally.

The aim of the game was to try and find the best way for Kev and Liz to order a milky coffee in French, which I think the article more or less covered and I highlighted the relevant bits. 🤷‍♀️

Not sure how having exceptional coffee shops in Edinburgh is any use to Kev when he’s over the other side of the Channel trying to find and order the nearest thing to a latte out in the sticks! 🤔😜😉

Last edited:
Can’t remember the source, but It was the result of a quick Google and the article was about ordering coffee in Paris, not France generally.

The aim of the game was to try and find the best way for Kev and Liz to order a milky coffee in French, which I think the article more or less covered and I highlighted the relevant bits. 🤷‍♀️

Not sure how having exceptional coffee shops in Edinburgh is any use to Kev when he’s over the other side of the Channel trying to find and order the nearest thing to a latte out in the sticks! 🤔😜😉
Thought it was relevant that I was used to good coffee in Edinburgh which you don't, in general, get in France.
Mind you I don't take milk in anything!

I find the discussion on coffee amusing. The only good coffee is in France- un grand creme, the coffee in England is American style dishwater.
Hope you have a wonderful trip despite the coffee, I am heading over next week and am worrying about the heat!!

Back