Montenegro, Serbia, Albania, Turkey - insurance

UFO

Planning a trip later this year that will take us to;
Montenegro
Serbia
Albania
Turkey
as well as the usual European countries covered by vehicle insurance.

My question is should I add the four countries to my insurance policy or buy insurance at the border when entering these countries?

As I understand it, from AIB, adding these countries to my policy will give me comprehensive cover. Buying at the border will only give the minimum third party cover that is mandatory in these countries.

Advice from anyone with recent experience much appreciated, thank you.

Take your own gun.
No no no! Should be OK, we have all there criminal's over here.

Look up gadget John and mandys @ YT they done East for the 90 days

Planning a trip later this year that will take us to;
Montenegro
Serbia
Albania
Turkey
as well as the usual European countries covered by vehicle insurance.

My question is should I add the four countries to my insurance policy or buy insurance at the border when entering these countries?

As I understand it, from AIB, adding these countries to my policy will give me comprehensive cover. Buying at the border will only give the minimum third party cover that is mandatory in these countries.

Advice from anyone with recent experience much appreciated, thank you.
We found that Serbia and Montenegro were covered on our insurance but needed additional green card for Albainia we got the green card through our insurance in advance the downside was you have to specify the dates you will be in the county, we paid £159.00 extra for 3 months cover so we had a bit of flexability I believe its around £60/65 for 2 weeks at the border for a 7m van.

Back