Hi, hoping to become camper owners soon

We are in the early stages of becoming van owners. Old Iveco which has been partly converted
view point b.jpg
axle in b.jpg
Good engines in them, make sure the chassis is good and rust free, well worth getting grit blasted and painted.

Hello there. Doing your own conversion?? What fun, I wish I could have done that. I have seen some lovely querky vans on my travels.

Build light as this is the no one mistake made in many self builds, ttoung and grove walls and ceilings springs to mind, van sudenly weighs twice its weight.
Light ply and stretch cloth cover the walls and use spray glue and a roller to smooth out, lots of colours on ebay.
Sinthetic wood floor planking or lino best with a rug on it, easy cleaned and dried.
roof to back.jpg
table seats.jpg
table toilet door.jpg

If you are thinking of doing a self build then my advice is to join a proper GOOD & ACTIVE self building forum group, there are a few of them around and the help, support and help they can give, can be totally invaluable.
Our free to join sister group Motorhome Builder is very sadly, nowhere near as active as many of us would like it to be, but never the less those members on there have an enormous amount of help and advice ready to be freely given.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back