New French, Belgium aires

SafariMul

Not free sadly but noticed a few aires missing for Belgium, France. Many years since i added locations to Admin. I can see it's DIY now on the app. Can someone remind me what CR's LRs are etc so i get it right.

Went to update a couple of French aires. All i could do was verify and add a review, not modify. New prices, number of pitches etc. Is that right ?

Cheers Mul.

Not free sadly but noticed a few aires missing for Belgium, France. Many years since i added locations to Admin. I can see it's DIY now on the app. Can someone remind me what CR's LRs are etc so i get it right.

Went to update a couple of French aires. All i could do was verify and add a review, not modify. New prices, number of pitches etc. Is that right ?

Cheers Mul.
If any info needs updating, use the Report This Location option.
The code abbreviations are explained if you click on the funnel icon top left in the app.
Main thing to bear in mind is that AC is used to denote an aire with parking and services at which the parking is chargeable. AF is used to denote an aire with parking and services at which the parking is free (even if the services are chargeable). If there is no service point it's not an AC or AF but a CR, CU or perhaps LR, LU, OR, OU depending on characteristics. (That's my understanding based on contact with POI Admin - now Canalsman again - over some years.)

In preparation for a probable longish holiday to Aude in S France and NE Spain I was looking on the location map. I can see many Aires which have the details out of date since our last trip 18 months ago and before that. It will be a pain, I am sure, to keep sending them through, but will do my best to do them in smallish batches. There are books of Aire listings, All the Aires, published for France, Spain, Portugal and I think Belgium and Germany, they are available through Vicarious Media and very easy to use. They have user friendly information and encourage users to report any changes with photos to update the listing. Of course there are others but these have suited us best for Aires. Any other suggestions or others we could share the work with this job?

In preparation for a probable longish holiday to Aude in S France and NE Spain I was looking on the location map. I can see many Aires which have the details out of date since our last trip 18 months ago and before that. It will be a pain, I am sure, to keep sending them through, but will do my best to do them in smallish batches. There are books of Aire listings, All the Aires, published for France, Spain, Portugal and I think Belgium and Germany, they are available through Vicarious Media and very easy to use. They have user friendly information and encourage users to report any changes with photos to update the listing. Of course there are others but these have suited us best for Aires. Any other suggestions or others we could share the work with this job?

You can just zoom into whichever part of the map interests you or click on the magnifying glass icon and type in a place name, then click on one of the results below the search field in order to zoom in on that location, click on an icon, then click on the name in white print on blue background to open up full details.

There are many many Aires not listed in the Vicarious books.

You can just zoom into whichever part of the map interests you or click on the magnifying glass icon and type in a place name, then click on one of the results below the search field in order to zoom in on that location, click on an icon, then click on the name in white print on blue background to open up full details.
Thank you for that, we will certainly use that as well as the All the Aires books.

Thank you for that, we will certainly use that as well as the All the Aires books.
There is also an Android app - Aires CCI - that costs €5 for 3 months after a short free trial. It enables you to download maps and POIs for offline use if required. From memory, the downloading of the maps is not particularly intuitive but is vital for offline use..

Haven't used this for years but can't you download a file to add to your satnav and icons come up as you approach a stop whether your looking for it or not

Haven't used this for years but can't you download a file to add to your satnav and icons come up as you approach a stop whether your looking for it or not
CCI do have downloadable POI files for use in satnavs; whether the ions will come up as you approach a POI may depend on the satnav and perhaps even the source of the POI to which you're heading.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back