fiat ducato bonnet hinge bracket

antiqueman

Hi everyone
I have been looking for an offside bracket that the bonnet hinge bolts to on a fiat ducato 1998, mine has blackpool lurgy and has disintegrated. I can find the hinges but not the bracket it bolts to. Any help would be appreciated. oh if anyone need a photo I can do this tomorow.

Thanks Paul

Try the Breakers dont think Fiat will have anything. Loads of Breakers online just a case of phoning around. Ask @trevskoda he knows everything 🙂😘

Hi everyone
I have been looking for an offside bracket that the bonnet hinge bolts to on a fiat ducato 1998, mine has blackpool lurgy and has disintegrated. I can find the hinges but not the bracket it bolts to. Any help would be appreciated. oh if anyone need a photo I can do this tomorow.

Thanks Paul
Do you have a picture, I'll see if I can help find one for you, when you say left do you mean near side or off side in the UK?

This is a picture of nearside as the offside has disintegrated the wing is bolted to the bracket at the top and the bonnet hinge below, I would imagine the offside is the same in reverse.

Attachments

• bonnet hinge.jpg
    bonnet hinge.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 23
If you mean the circled parts that is one unit with the hinge, not a mounting bracket and then a hinge so should be easy to find, the 2000 model was just a face lift so one from that might fit

1713436736480.png

If you mean the circled parts that is one unit with the hinge, not a mounting bracket and then a hinge so should be easy to find, the 2000 model was just a face lift so one from that might fit

View attachment 130174

View attachment 130174

View attachment 130174
No its the bracket underneath that I want where the wing is bolted the hinge is fine it is just bolted to nothing unfortunately

I see, I'm assuming it's the scuttle panel which is welded to the screen pillars, the screen support and the back of the dash I think, so it'd be a repair panel or something, maybe just get away with a patch.

Impossible to be sure from here, can you do a short video showing a bit more?

T
Part of the Bulkhead structure I'm afraid ....

Time to break out the hot metal glue gun ..

Picture of our drivers side and underside of it where the hinge bolts pass through the captive nuts .

View attachment 130189View attachment 130190
Thanks for that my friend with glue gun is not free for two weeks then I will strip it all down, it is a mess I might have to fabricate some bits unless I can cut some out of a breaker.

It could be a lot worse by the sound of it, while the bonnet is off you may as well do a bit of preventative work on the other side as it maybe the same under the surface.

A tip for bonnet removal is to drill a 3mm or 1/8" hole through the hinge mountings then there is no messing about to re-align it.

It could be a lot worse by the sound of it, while the bonnet is off you may as well do a bit of preventative work on the other side as it maybe the same under the surface.

A tip for bonnet removal is to drill a 3mm or 1/8" hole through the hinge mountings then there is no messing about to re-align it.
Good tip thanks

T

Thanks for that my friend with glue gun is not free for two weeks then I will strip it all down, it is a mess I might have to fabricate some bits unless I can cut some out of a breaker.

Would JB-Weld be up to the job?

Back