LeShuttle and turn Left

QFour

Been to France and Spain many times and the N10 is getting very boring. The prices in Spain for campsites has increased even the German guys next to us were complaining last year. So we thought we would use the Shuttle and turn left instead and follow the coast. Bit surprised that the Location App does not include Belgium or Netherlands. WEBSITE BLOCKED BY ADMIN seems to be the best. Is it worth getting the ACSI book. Any suggestions as to campsites, Aires etc. At least the fuel bill will be less as will the travelling time.

Bergues about 1 hour left from calais has free motorhome parking behind the sports stadium. Nice walled town and a favourite overnight stop for us when crossing. No facilities but some at the next town heading south.

If you wanted to mention the NL based app, then that is what I use whenever out of France, as I will be from next week when we once more “turn left” and head back to Norway. We however endeavour to stay well away from campsites and our go-to is motorhome stops that are free to use, very easy to look for in the app.

If you wanted to mention the NL based app, then that is what I use whenever out of France, as I will be from next week when we once more “turn left” and head back to Norway. We however endeavour to stay well away from campsites and our go-to is motorhome stops that are free to use, very easy to look for in the app.
Slight aside, what do you use for Scandinavian tolls and bridge?

4d3c4753-769c-4242-8354-0e77afef92e1.jpeg

Sorry, thought you said trolls

I had a Flytpass tag last time for road tolls and it was a complete pita to pay them. I got very annoyed with them on a couple of occasions because they had my details. The ferries were pay as you go.

This time, sod it, no tag they can chase me for payment.

Slight aside, what do you use for Scandinavian tolls and bridge?
I think there is a special pass for ferries, you pay a certain amount up front but you get a decent discount on each ferry fare, for Norway that is.

Last edited:
Out of the tunnel turn left Aire (pay and display) in Gravelines. Signed with camping car signs.

I think there is a special pass for ferries, you pay a certain amount up front but you get a decent discount on each ferry fare, for Norway that is.
There seems to be several passes which cover Scandinavia, or at least several companies which supply them. I've had a look at some options, but am never very happy that I've completely understood all the implications.

If your intention is use campsites across Europe your quite correct for a UK user the prices have risen considerably.
For me wild camping is what I use my motorhome for and have done for very many years, with a stop in a site once in a while to use the facilities.
Recently used B&Bs on my way north for a week and they have also increased markedly.
It's not on the cheap anymore especially with currency devaluation at the rate it has, money printing has a cost that few appreciate it seems.

If you wanted to mention the NL based app,
Which app is this Simon?

We're going to get off next week not sure what day yet leaving home Tuesday or Wednesday and ambling down the east coast maybe to make sure the van is running okay then book a ferry.

Is it better booking or just turning up?

Which app is this Simon?

We're going to get off next week not sure what day yet leaving home Tuesday or Wednesday and ambling down the east coast maybe to make sure the van is running okay then book a ferry.

Is it better booking or just turning up?
I think it's better to book, even if you do it online an hour before turning up. Saves faffing around at port.
Although, can't remember ever leaving UK without booking, but have returned plenty without booking.

For tunnel, always best to book, they'll charge the full Flexi rate if you just turn up.

Thanks for the Heads Up .Didn't notice the BLOCKED bit. Didn't even know I couldn't mention it.

As we're on here already the reason for blocking other apps escapes me I'm afraid, I use the app and I also update it as and when, I also mention it on other forums and to people I meet if already wild camping, so why is it banned? room for all to my mind.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:167)

Tonybvi, Livotlout, Makzine, mark61, belbri, campervanannie, Drover, AllanD, NSY, pamjon, alcam, RichardHelen262, Sharon the Cat, ajb70, V1nny, saxonborg, denmar, runnach, mygrassisblue, ewen, Tapfitter, smg, andyjanet, izwozral, jacquigem, clarkpeacock, fiona b, SimonM, regnarts, Scotia, Steve and Julie, Fisherman, Servo, Canalsman, Biggarmac, r4dent, jann, Charlynch, groyne, colinm, guerdeval, trevskoda, zzr1400tim, Val54, alca, Moonraker 2, oppy, Wully, bdastu, CHAIRMAN, Boris7, Monkeybrand, st3v3, DavieShrew, Glandwr, Dezi, Jo001, korky, Pauljenny, kevlakes, Mossystone, Budgie, Mark135, Divine Right, Chasn, Moped, Wooie1958, Jmick, jaybeeonline, Daz65, Richard Surgey, Bubble, Chip, Fitzy, Mikebike, Dr06sue, Eriba, Apollo 13, Windy6, Wildrock, Pudsey Bear, Nomad Nelly, MikeRS, Heppy, Dethy, RegnVal, AnneL, iampatman, Rutaria, Andys, Tim120, knowledgeseeker, Gadabout2, myvanwy, Tony Gill, gasgas, cornish hymer, roadroamer, Smiley1953, kensowerby, chrishunter, Whereisdave, s4x4c, gettingolder2, TJBi, polo99, geoffnmurph, Irishroaming, Mpdyork, Texastom, aross, Muddypuddler, stonedaddy, RoaminRog, jagmanx, G and T, bnb080, rjmurchie, Team ST, REC, GMJ, GeorgeK, Doigy, Wightman, Major Tom, fullbob, mariesnowgoose, 11ALB, MEB, CuckooChaser, jonc, MrC, Owlsnest56, 1 Cup, JQB, Touringtheworld, Peter51, trevexess, Tartarus, GandS, kingfisher1, Rod, mikejay, gripseven, Owen M, RSD7a, hamsterberg27, ricc, Bouydog, SApril, SCRUMPY BOY, swedenut, barryd, The Jacks, marsden, watson, Glass man, GeordieBoy, Faith shields, Helzie, mick n jules, rambrose, Bazza1509, DAVEY, slider69r, Meloc8, centerman,
Back