The Short Wet June Scotland Tour

• Thread starter Deleted member 12539
  • Start date

Deleted member 12539

The Scotland Tour - Just got back from a super week away in the motorhome. We went prepared for rain, and we were not disappointed 😒, but met up with our good friend Audrey, who gave us some Scottish hospitality in her beautiful home near Stirling. Thank you for putting us up, and putting up with us 🤪 we will be back. We travelled to Lockerbie, Stirling, Glencoe, Fort William and Oban. Checking the weather forecast showed that the west coast of Scotland would get rain all week, so we set off across country towards the east coast and Berwick on Tweed, where the sun shone (mostly) 🤨and worked our way down to Hadrians Wall and back home for Friday afternoon. We used one campsite (Ord House Country Park, Berwick on Tweed) during our trip, and it must be the best site we have ever used, with reasonably priced pitches with water, electric and waste provided on pitch. Food was very good in the restaurant too. Only down side was a broken exhaust, lights blowing bulbs and a lost wheel trim.

The WC POIs we downloaded onto our tablet was invaluable, and we overnighted at some picturesque stopovers.
Most of the photos are self explanatory, as are the stopover photos, but please ask if you want more info.

20190615_160511.jpg IMG_0120.jpg IMG_0113.jpg IMG_0103.jpg IMG_0088.jpg IMG_0081.jpg IMG_0064.jpg IMG_0057.jpg IMG_0050.jpg IMG_0040.jpg IMG_0037.jpg IMG_0030.jpg IMG_0015.jpg 20190615_114013.jpg IMG_0159.jpg

Picture 2 looks lovely and could I ask where it is? As for Ord house caravan park that’s where we had our tourer sited last year and I can’t fault the park as it’s always really well kept and as for the showers they were lovely

Picture 2 looks lovely and could I ask where it is? As for Ord house caravan park that’s where we had our tourer sited last year and I can’t fault the park as it’s always really well kept and as for the showers they were lovely

Cowgreen reservoir I reckon. One of my favourite poi’s.

The wash rooms and showers at Ord House Country Park, were immaculate, family bath rooms supplied baths and showers with hair driers and soap. I should have taken a photo of them with the very ornate mirrors. :)

The second picture was taken at Cows Green Reservoir, County Durham.
Cow Green Reservoir - Visit Cumbria
It is in the POI list.
It is well off, away from the main road, requiring a short drive along a narrow road over the hills, but well worth it for a quiet stopover.
There were two other converted campervans parked closer to the reservoir. There was a large portaloo on one of the car parks, but no other facilities.
IMG_0127.jpg

The wash rooms and showers at Ord House Country Park, were immaculate, family bath rooms supplied baths and showers with hair driers and soap. I should have taken a photo of them with the very ornate mirrors. :)

The second picture was taken at Cows Green Reservoir, County Durham.
Cow Green Reservoir - Visit Cumbria
It is in the POI list.
It is well off, away from the main road, requiring a short drive along a narrow road over the hills, but well worth it for a quiet stopover.
There were two other converted campervans parked closer to the reservoir. There was a large portaloo on one of the car parks, but no other facilities.
View attachment 71659

Here’s the toilets and you can see the mirrors 4DA14778-68DF-40D0-8656-9DEEC0CC883F.jpg C8BA1D0E-7CFC-4AE4-81F1-F97DB3512692.jpg the only difference is the colour if the seating as they changed it to green

The ramparts at Bewick are incredible when you realise they were all done by horse, cart and shovels. Almost bankrupted England in the process. There are awesome beaches just to the south of Berwick where our whippets run, as only the elegant whippet can. :)

B2

The ramparts at Bewick are incredible when you realise they were all done by horse, cart and shovels. Almost bankrupted England in the process. There are awesome beaches just to the south of Berwick where our whippets run, as only the elegant whippet can. :)

B2

We love to go to coldingham bay the beach there is lovely

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back